Senior Project Manager (M/F)
- Lufthansa - 41 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/lufthansa/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/253c86a5-69a7-460d-887a-c091b0a3d853131305099052685562.png
Using the Project Management tool kit, manage "Entry into Service" (EIS) of new Landing Gear products and "New Capability Introduction" (NCI - Including B747-8, A380 and B787) into the exiting LTLGS Production facility.
Develop, track and implement project plans for the delivery of the new landing gear capabilities, and production capabilities
Manage project budget (both financial and man power/capacity) to achieve introduction on time and on budget.
Drawing on significant Engineering background (ideally within aerospace industry) deliver highly technical projects within the EIS and NCI arena
Duties and responsibilities
- To define and develop the project to enable the effective introduction of new capabilities.
- To scope and define the project, ensuring robust definition, allowing firm project guidelines and governance processes.
- Lead and manage a multi-skilled project team in a matrix style environment, to deliver plan.
- Co-ordination with all levels of the organisation through detailed communication to influence and achieve project buy in. Communicate the projects purpose to ensure awareness and true transparency.
- Close liaison and communication with all key resource owners
- Create detailed project plans and tracking systems to ensure milestones are met.
- Using Engineering expertise to develop challenge and drive projects to successful completion.
- Financial and budget control of the project, as agreed with the project sponsor, to achieve project on time and on budget.
- Provide regular forecast and resource scheduling requirements, and working within the project governance procedure,
- To prepare reports, presentations and Key Performance indicators for the Management team as and when required. These will include but not be limited to; Schedule, Action Tracking, Budget / Forecast reports both financial and Manpower, Resource plans and Project risk map with mitigation plans.
- As required, development of new processes and procedures with respect to running successful projects per the LHT framework at LTLGS
- No direct reports, but indirect / project based assignments include the following areas of the business
- Engineering team members
- Production team members
- Planning team members
- Supply Chain team members
- Technical Engineering degree ideally with and/or Business / Continuous Improvement Masters (BSc, MSc etc.)
- Proven industry experience of Engineering Project / Project Management (Min 3 years)
- LEAN qualification desirable however not essential.
- Recognised qualification in Project Management (e.g. Prince2 / PMP) desirable but not essential. However, an ability to demonstrate Project Management capabilities would essential.
- Significant experience in Aviation and Project Management
- Ability to understand and distil technical projects into a workable and deliverable plan
- Ability to develop projects from idea through to implementation (Scope, Definition, WBS, OBS, Risk / Opportunities etc.)
- Understanding of various project management tools and proven implementation in different sized projects
- Proven experience of managing technical projects and leading diverse and multi-functional teams in the Aviation / Aerospace environment
- Proven ability to manage projects across locations / facilities
- Excellent communications skills and able to work within a matrix environment
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to enable the candidate to influence all levels of the organisation
- Experience of development and management of complex technical relationships both inside and outside the organisation
- Proven technical Aviation experience, ideally in both production and engineering/design environments
- Good understanding of Aviation regulations (FAA / EASA Part 145 / G / CAMO)
- Strong decisive individual who is self-motivated with a tenacious approach
- Challenging mind-set to ensure that projects are executed in the most efficient manner
- Excellent IT knowledge (Understanding of MRP & ERP / MS Office products / CAD tools etc.)
- A confident leader with persuasive skills and a proven ability to influence all levels of the organisation
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to distil technical information for both a technical and non-technical audience
- The job requires the person to be flexible in terms of working schedule - based on the needs of the business. Some duty travel is cons
- Full time
Posted 9 Jan 2019
Closes 8 Feb 2019
This job was posted to: Project manager