Delivery Officer Cargo IQ & Data Integrity
- Etihad Airways - 8 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/etihad-airways/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/b6bffdf3-2048-45e9-a036-2f4ac0517be4131100745701791860.png
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reporting to the Manager Cargo iQ & Data Integrity the role is based locally with the responsibility to implement and support IATA cargo initiatives (e.g. Cargo iQ, e-AWB, etc.). Manage and complete assigned tasks within the defined timeframe and across all teams in Etihad Cargo, e.g. planning and oversight on rollout of e-AWB to Customers. Accountability for monitoring and reporting the performance of IATA cargo initiatives to management and external bodies (e.g. IATA) through the development and / or enhancement of reports.
- Analyze data to identify issues and proactively work to get them resolved with the relevant stakeholders
- Implementation of industry best practices with buy-in from all stakeholders
- Establish and maintain close working relationships with stakeholders and act as a subject matter expert
- Support internal and external stakeholders to implement IATA initiatives, including driving them to achieve the agreed objectives and schedules
- Monitor and report the progress of IATA initiatives to management and external parties
- Implement and enhance reports for reporting on IATA initiatives
- Work closely with service providers to ensure services run smoothly and to source for new services
- Prepare and provide training and transfer knowledge of IATA initiatives to internal and external parties
- Respond to ad-hoc reporting requests from management and / or stakeholders
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Educated to at least high school level, preferably diploma level in logistics, operations management or related discipline with acquired specialization in cargo handling operations, successful completion of cargo and dangerous goods courses are required as well as courses in live animals, aircraft weight and balance and general cargo procedures.
- At least three years of cargo operations experience.
TRAINING & KNOWLEDGE
- Conversant in cargo handling processes, procedures and regulatory compliance
- An understanding of cargo messaging standards
- Appreciation of current IATA cargo initiatives (e.g. e-AWB, Cargo iQ)
- Experienced on using Cargo handling systems (e.g. CargoSpot, iCargo)
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experienced in preparing training material and conducting training
- Able to analyse data to identify trends and issues
- Understanding of Business Intelligence (BI) concepts and prior experience developing reports using BI tools (e.g. MS Power BI) would be favourable
- Able to quickly comprehend complex technical concepts and business processes
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English
- Fluency in English and Arabic an advantage
About Etihad Airways
Etihad Airways, the national airline of the UAE, was formed in 2003 to bring “Abu Dhabi to the World”. Over the years, we have grown into Etihad Aviation Group, a diversified global aviation and travel company, which is one of the world’s most acclaimed industry brands.
Our airline flies to over 90 destinations with a fleet of 110 Airbus and Boeing aircraft, serving 18.6 million passengers a year and carrying 580,000 tonnes of cargo in 2017. We are honoured to have received many awards for our service and products, cargo offering, loyalty programme, training and Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO) service, in recent years. The group is made up of seven business divisions – Operations, Commercial, Maintenance, Repair & Overhaul (MRO), Human Resources, Finance, Support Services and Transformation.
- Full time
Posted 9 Jan 2019
Closes 8 Feb 2019
This job was posted to: Freight