- Carbon60 - 34 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/carbon60/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/9d8710ac-623f-49a3-b617-4f902d43d1cf131100744477221974.png
Mechanical Design Engineer x2
The Mechanical Design Engineer will ideally have prior experience of designing hydraulic / mechanical and/or electro-mechanical actuation and landing gear equipment within an aerospace company. The role involves the full product lifecycle from New Product Introduction (NPI) through to modifying & supporting in service products on various programmes, including Airbus and other major customers.
Requirements of the Role
* Interpretation of customer's requirements/specification.
* Familiarity of designing from customer specifications using 2D & 3D design tools, preferably SolidWorks.
* Create technical documentation (e.g. drawings, procedures and reports).
* Ensuring that the product meets performance, weight, schedule, cost, reliability, safety requirements.
* Identifying means for verification of requirements.
* Contribute to design reviews and assist programme reviews
* A good understanding of Reliability, Safety / Airworthiness, Production methods, Materials and Processes, and Stress and Performance analysis
* Participate in cross-functional teams and support problem solving activities to resolve customer returns/failures as well as in house component failures, which includes support to inspection and test in determination of root cause as well as documenting and leading corrective actions and implementation activities.
* Support engineering changes, using PDM Tools such as Windchill.
Requirements of the individual
* Bachelor of Science in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering or a related discipline (or qualified to an equivalent level)/ or equivalent experience.
* 3 to 5 years' experience of designing actuation products, and/or hydraulic control valves, preferably within an aviation business.
* Good knowledge and experience of mechanical components, geometric tolerancing, processing, precision machining, castings, forgings, metallic materials, military and industry standards.
* Ability to understand the drivers / requirements of Procurement, Design for Manufacture, Production and Quality
* Good written and verbal communication skills.
* Self-motivated and proactive.
* Committed to deliver design artefacts on schedule.
* Understanding of design (FMEA, DFMEA), test and analysis (FEA, Mathcad) tools
* Ability to work collaboratively and efficiently with other Design Engineers and with Stress Engineers to iterate and optimise design solutions.
For more information please get in contact with Jamie Birch at Carbon60 on Applyor
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
- £ 0.00 - 0.00 Per year £ 0.00 - 0.00 Per year">
- Full time
Posted 4 Jan 2019
Closes 3 Feb 2019
This job was posted to: Design engineer