IT Project Administrator (M/F)
- Lufthansa - 44 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/lufthansa/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/253c86a5-69a7-460d-887a-c091b0a3d853131305099052685562.png
The IT Project Administrator ("Project Admin") role works under the guidance of the assigned Project Manager(s) and/or Project Manager Junior(s) to complete projects on time and within the established budget and quality standards. The Project Admin will participate in project initiation, planning, execution, and close down tasks, and will be responsible for scheduling and documenting meetings. The Project Admin will draft project budgetary and other financial reports, draft project status information/reports, and assist in procurement management tasks.
The Project Admin will also draft technical documentation, and will support project managers on an as-needed basis with an array of administrative tasks such as project tracking, communications, financials and other tasks.
The position requires the Project Admin to be highly organized with a strong attention to detail and ability to effectively multi-task. Much of the Project Admin's duties will require the use of Excel and Visio at an expert level. Candidates without expert level skills with these tools will not be considered for this position.
A background in the maritime industry is highly desired along with knowledge of ship new builds and/or dry docks. Previous experience as a project administrator, project coordinator or junior project manager is required; knowledge of PMI or Prince2 principals of project management is desired; aspiring to achieve PMP (PMI) or Prince2 certification is a plus.
- Under direction of project manager(s), follow LHIND and/or customer standards and processes for project management.
- Support successful project initiation, planning, execution and close down activities.
- Create and maintain project deliverables that reflect high quality.
- Use exceptional communication skills to keep project manager(s) and local LHIND management informed of status and issues, and to provide accurate and comprehensive written documentation and other project communications.
- Develop an understanding of the technical landscape in order to draft and maintain meaningful and accurate project budgets and other financial information.
- Apply flexibility, initiative and know-how to support the project manager(s) for overall project success.
- Professionally represent Lufthansa Industry Solutions.
- Assist with or independently perform the following tasks:
- Document requirements; prepare and maintain technical diagrams and documentation.
- Prepare Bill of Materials (BOM).
- Prepare and maintain project budgets, forecasts, and actual expenses.
- Draft and maintain project plans and documentation.
- Proactively identify budgetary risks and issues.
- Follow up on open items and issues. Maintain the related log/documentation.
- Participate in and prepare minutes for meetings as directed by project manager(s).
- Critically evaluate information from multiple sources, recognize conflicts and raise to project manager(s) for resolution.
- Draft quality management plans.
- Successfully engage in multiple concurrent activities while maintaining high degree of organization and accuracy.
- Functionally report through, and receive direction within a matrix style organization
- Utilize various tools and systems such as MS Project, Visio, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel as required to fulfill position duties. Use expert level skills in Visio and Excel to fulfil specific job duties.
- Represent company in a professional manner and prepare accurate project documentation.
- Use exceptional communication skills to help ensure timely and accurate internal, external, and customer communications.
- Other duties as needed and assigned
- Travel may be required, including international travel - 10-20%.
*Additional working hours above 40 and/or on normal "off hours" may be required due to working as part of a global team, and during peak workloads.
- High School certificate required.
- Vocation Training desired.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing or equivalent experience will be considered.
*Equivalent related work experience in lieu of Bachelor's degree may be considered.
- Minimum of 2 years relevant experience as a project coordinator, project administrator, or junior project manager is required.
- Experience using MS Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Visio required. Current work experience utilizing expert level Excel and Visio skills is required.
- Maritime environment experience with a focus on ship new builds and/or dry doc
- Full time
Posted 7 Dec 2018
Closes 6 Jan 2019
This job was posted to: Airline IT