IT Project Manager u2013 Cloud Migration (m/f) (more Positions)
- Lufthansa - 44 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/lufthansa/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/253c86a5-69a7-460d-887a-c091b0a3d853131305099052685562.png
Would you like to travel with us in our journey to Cloud?
LH Group has embarked upon an ambitious Cloud First strategy and is in the process of migrating all its applications from a traditional on-prem data center to target cloud environments.
To plan and execute this cloud transformation journey, we are setting up a central cloud migration team that will advise, assist and consult the different business units across Lufthansa Group.
If you would like to influence, change and shape the future IT Landscape within Lufthansa Group, if you can balance strategy and hands on execution, if you are passionate about cloud, we invite you to be a part of this exciting new team.
As an IT Project Manager (m/f) you have the responsibility of designing and executing migration strategies together with different business units across the Lufthansa Group. You shall work with multiple stakeholders (internal & external), plan and lead migration of complex IT environments from on-prem data centers to target Cloud environments. That means in detail:
- Developing and maintaining cloud migration strategies, incorporating business and technical requirements and services offered by different cloud environments
- Planning & tracking application migrations to cloud within schedule, scope and budget
- Driving transparency into the multiple migration journeys across different application/business portfolio; prepare progress reports and present to senior management
- Leading identification of risks, actions and issues through proactive communication and collaboration with stakeholders and various teams
- Helping overall adoption of cloud across businesses by sharing wins and feedback and best practices across different teams carrying out migration
- Consulting on projects for different business units; align / plan the discovery/assessment phase
- Working closely with cloud providers and migration providers in ensuring that they deliver the expected outcome as promised in their contractual scope; Steering and maintaining governance
- Coordinating with relevant stakeholders, e. g. current and future infrastructure provider and application providers
- Supporting the definition of a business case for cloud initiatives across the organization/application portfolio
- 10+ years of experience in IT with varied experience across different project types and IT methodologies, DevOps principles
- 3+ years of recent experience in Cloud IT transformation and management
- In-depth understanding of Public/Private/Hybrid Cloud solutions & associated technologies with a specific focus on MS Azure and/or IBM Hybrid Cloud
- Experience in conducting cloud migration planning & assessment
- Demonstrate the ability to solve complex, multi-system problems
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent experience using project management tools (e. g. MS Project, MS Visio), templates and processes to manage the delivery of cloud migration program/projects
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of management and staff
- Passion and drive for continuous learning
Old-age provision / employee retirement
Profit sharing / Bonus
Flexible working hours
Discounts / shopping
Canteen (subsidized by employer)
About Deutsche Lufthansa AG
Deutsche Lufthansa AG is an aviation company with operations worldwide. In the financial year 2017, it generated revenue of EUR 35.6bn and employed an average of 128,856 staff. Deutsche Lufthansa AG is organized in the business segments Network Airlines, Point-to-Point Airlines, Aviation Services (comprising the segments Logistics, MRO and Catering), and Additional Businesses and Group Functions.
Please apply via Be- Apply under the job number P0752V054
If this is you, please apply online.
- Full time
Posted 7 Dec 2018
Closes 6 Jan 2019
This job was posted to: Project manager