Cargo Duty Manager Hub Quality
- Etihad Airways - 5 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/etihad-airways/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/b6bffdf3-2048-45e9-a036-2f4ac0517be4131100745701791860.png
United Arab Emirates
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join Etihad Aviation Group's Cargo business as Cargo Duty Manager Hub Quality. On a shift basis, responsible for managing the Cargo HUB Quality Control team overseeing all aspects of operational compliance to the Airline customers’ expectations -messaging, regulatory, safety and security compliance. Accountable for managing day to day performance of all stakeholders at the HUB including the cargo and ground handling partners, with and extended focus on monitoring all aspects of Inbound and outbound quality.
Operational 24/7 contact for all aspects of Dangerous Goods and responsible for managing the dangerous goods hotline, providing subject matter expertise to the network including Airport management and check in agents.
Policies and procedures
Follow all relevant policies, processes and procedures so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner
Implement the day-to-day standard operations assigned to ensure compliance with the established standards and procedures. Refer to Senior Line Manager for complex tasks which may require exceptions to procedures
Safety, Quality & Environment
Comply with all relevant safety, security, quality, health and environmental procedures to ensure a healthy and safe work environment
- Day to day accountability for monitoring of all operationally defined KPI’s within the hub operation and addressing any identified issues to implement corrective action after identifying root cause.
- Engage with all departments to ensure effective use of capacity both ULD and flights through effective planning and appropriate oversight over handling operation.
- 24/7 Management contact for all aspects of the Airline’s ULD control
- 24/7 contact for Freighter operations – co-ordinate appropriate responses and actions related to decision making for freighter schedule changes and/or delays
- Direct cargo contact for the Airlines Network Operations Centre (NOC) & Hub Control Centre (HCC)
- Subject matter expertise for the Airline handling requirements for products
- Day to day contact for all network stations (GSA & GHA) for hub support and to provide feedback related to hub performance, Minimum connection times & Quick Ramp Transfer procedures.
- 24/7 Dangerous Goods hotline contact supporting enquires and escalations related to dangerous goods carriage across the network.
- Responsible for the oversight of all escalated shipments and for managing the Special Handling Service (SHS & SHS+)
- Responsible for initial investigation into reported safety and/or security incidents
- Establish and maintain close working relationships with the Service Providers, Ramp Handlers, GSAs, commercial teams for providing sufficient resources to achieve On-Time Departure Performance especially for RFS and freighter operations.
- Lead and establish best practices to ensure all flights are maximized to their capacity and conduct review of processes and procedures for improvement of service delivery such as reduction in UTLs, operational discrepancies and offloads.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in relevant field at an Airline HUB Operations environment.
- Good understanding of computer aviation and messaging specifications
- Good understanding of hub & network operations
- Subject matter expert Dangerous Goods handling
- Understanding of Customer Service requirements and managing people in a multicultural working environment
- Good understanding of cargo handling processes and procedures
- Team building and performance management and ability to manage and control large groups of inter departmental stakeholders
- High computer literacy in depth knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
About Etihad Airways
Etihad Airways, the national airline of the UAE, was formed in 2003 to bring “Abu Dhabi to the World”. Over the years, we have grown into Etihad Aviation Group, a diversified global aviation and travel company, which is one of the world’s most acclaimed industry brands.
Our airline flies to over 90 destinations with a fleet of 110 Airbus and Boeing aircraft, serving 18.6 million passengers a year and carrying 580,000 tonnes of cargo in 2017. We are honoured to have received many awards for our service and products, cargo offering, loyalty programme, training and Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO) service, in recent years. The group is made up of seven busine
- Full time
Posted 7 Dec 2018
Closes 6 Jan 2019
This job was posted to: Freight