IT Infrastructure Project Manager (M/F)
- Lufthansa - 43 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/lufthansa/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/253c86a5-69a7-460d-887a-c091b0a3d853131305099052685562.png
The IT Infrastructure Project Manager ("Infrastructure PM") role works under the guidance of an assigned Project Manager to complete projects on time and within the established budget and quality standards. The Infrastructure PM will participate in project initiation, planning, execution, and close down tasks, and will be responsible for planning, leading, and documenting meetings. The Infrastructure PM will assist in preparation of project budgetary and other financial reports, prepare project status information/reports, and assist in procurement management tasks.
The Infrastructure PM will also create/update technical documentation, and will support project manager on an as-needed basis with an array of administrative tasks such as project tracking, communication, financials and other tasks.
The position requires the Infrastructure PM to be highly organized with a strong attention to detail and ability to effectively multi-task.
A background in the maritime industry is highly desired along with knowledge of new builds and/or dry docks. Previous experience as a junior project manager and/or project administrator is required; aspiring to achieve PMI certification is desired.
- Follow LHIND and/or customer standards and processes for project management.
- Apply experience in the PM knowledge areas to support successful project initiation, planning, execution and close down activities.
- Create and maintain project deliverables that reflect high quality.
- Use exceptional communication skills to keep project manager and local LHIND management informed of status and issues; and to keep customer informed as directed by the project manager.
- Develop an understanding of the technical landscape in order to identify impacted areas/processes resulting from the project objectives, to identify risks and opportunities.
- Apply flexibility, initiative and know-how to support the project manager for overall project success.
- Professionally represent LHIND.
- Assist with or independently perform the following tasks:
- Document requirements; prepare and maintain technical diagrams and documentation.
- Prepare Bill of Materials.
- Maintain project budgets, forecasts, and actual expenses.
- Develop and maintain project plans and documentation.
- Proactively identify risks and issues
- Follow up on open items and issues. Maintain the related log/documentation.
- Lead and/or participate in meetings as directed by project manager.
- Prepare meeting minutes.
- Work independently with customers and/or vendors on a variety of project related topics, under the direction of the project manager.
- Critically evaluate information from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts.
- Under direction of the Project Manager, prepare quality management plans.
- Successfully engage in multiple concurrent activities while maintaining high degree of organization and accuracy.
- Functionally report through, and receive direction within a matrix style organization
- Utilize various tools and systems such as MS Project, Visio, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel as required to fulfill position duties.
- Represent company in a professional manner and prepare intelligent and informative presentations.
- Use exceptional communication skills to help ensure timely and accurate internal, external, and customer communications.
- Other duties as needed and assigned
- Travel is required, including international travel - 50-75%
*Additional working hours above 40 and/or on normal "off hours" may be required due to working as part of a global team, and during peak workloads.
- High school certificate required
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing or equivalent experience will be considered
- Master's degree required
Equivalent related work experience in lieu of Bachelor's degree may be considered
- Minimum of 2 years' relevant experience as a junior project manager or project administrator in a Maritime environment with a focus on ship new builds and/or dry docks, yard preparations, convergence projects.
- Experience in infrastructure planning, network and server design and delivery including WAP, Wi-Fi, AP, CCTV, phones, cabling and switches; knowledge of related technologies, devices/components, and vendors.
- Experience developing or understanding technical diagrams and in writing technical documentation.
- Prior application of PMI based PM standards for project planning, monitoring and controlling on medium to large-scale pr
- Full time
Posted 6 Dec 2018
Closes 5 Jan 2019
This job was posted to: Project manager