Lead Engineer - Electronic Hardware
- GE Aviation - 8 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, England
As a VHDL Technical Lead you will be an integral part of a multi-disciplinary custom hardware design team developing high integrity solution for Aerospace control and display projects. You will contribute to the generation of new ideas & concepts by conducting development projects in low noise,harsh-environment, safety critical & highly integrated electronics.
- Technical Lead for FPGA (ASIC) design and development programs
- Design & development of FPGAs (ASIC) using VHDL or Verilog. Be responsible for all
components of the custom hardware development cycle.
- Requirements Capture & Validation.
- Architectural Design & Development.
- Conceptual Design.
- Detailed Design.
- Design Implementation.
- Design Compliance (DO-254).
- Contribute to vital tasks on technology programs relating to GE businesses, customers &
- Degree in Electronic or Electrical Engineering or equivalent knowledge and experience
- Proven design & analysis skills in FPGA (ASIC) design and development.
- First-hand experience of complete mixed-signal ASIC designs that have been fabricated,
tested & in full production.
- Proficiency using VHDL and/or Verilog at all levels of abstraction.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website http:// Applyba.homeoffice. Apply/visas-immigration/working
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance
- Team leadership (Technical and Project)
- Mile Stone Delivery
- Exposure to aerospace, harsh environment & safety critical electronics.
- Knowledge of DO-254.
- Ability & desire to work in a team environment.
- Strong written & verbal communication skills.
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Locations: United Kingdom; Cheltenham
- Full time
Posted 4 Dec 2018
Closes 2 Jan 2019
This job was posted to: Electrical engineer