Planning Engineer (M/F)
- Lufthansa - 44 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/lufthansa/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/253c86a5-69a7-460d-887a-c091b0a3d853131305099052685562.png
To plan the induction of gears in order to meet production targets. To generate documentation covering Landing gears, SCM (Single component maintenance) and fabrication orders. To control the Milestone plans and Aspen scheduling to prioritize production flow.
Duties and responsibilities
- Liaises with Customer Support, Engineering and Sales teams on gear input availability.
- Co-ordinates with Logistics team to facilitate effective gear input.
- Works closely with the production team to ensure target delivery dates are met and that milestone plans are adhered to.
- Supports the teams in managing daily communications with the customers.
- Liaises with the Senior Planning Engineer / Customer support.
- Organizes and manages weekly Induction meetings.
- Liaises with material planners to ensure fabrication requirements are satisfied.
- Facilitates and supports senior planning engineer in maintenance of planning suite.
- Monday - Friday or Tuesday - Saturday (depending business needs)
- 5s standard
- 37.5 hour per week
- Able to work shifts (07:00 - 3:00)
- The role has no specific physical requirements.
- The role has no direct reports.
Education and qualifications
- GCSE or Equivalent
- Degree or Equivalent in a relevant subject (Desirable)
- Apprenticeship (Desirable)
Experience and Knowledge
- Extensive experience working within an aviation environment.
- Experience within production planning
- Experience within working in Logistics
- A good understanding of SAP - (systems application and product)
- Experience in working with a diverse team
- Team player with proven ability to manage, lead and guidance
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft packages
- Excellent communications skills and able to work within a matrix environment
- Good organizational skills with strong planning and operational execution
- Excellent planning, problem solving organization and administration skills
- Able to turn vision into strategy and execute
- Decision maker, analyzing for root causes rather than presenting the problem
- Self-motivated with flexible approach
- Able to deliver profitable growth through excellent commercial skills and deliver sustainable change
- Engage others and develop their potential with confident decision-making skills.
- Rights to work within the UK without any restrictions
- No Agencies
*Unfortunately we are unable to offer a sponsorship therefore applicants must possess a legal work permit for work in the UK
About Lufthansa Technik AG
Lufthansa Technik is the worldwide leading independent provider of maintenance, repair, overhaul and modification services for civil aircraft. With tailored maintenance programs and state-of-the-art repair methods we ensure the durable reliability and availability of our customers' aircraft fleets. We are an internationally-licensed maintenance, production and development company with eight business units: Maintenance, Overhaul, Component Services, Engine Services, Landing Gear Services, VIP Services, Original Equipment Innovation and Digital Fleet Solutions. With more than 26,000 employees and over 30 international subsidiaries, the Lufthansa Technik Group offers its approximately 800 customers worldwide a complete range of services round about aircraft technology.
If this is you, please apply via email:
- Full time
Posted 27 Nov 2018
Closes 27 Dec 2018
This job was posted to: Planning engineer
Recommended, similar jobs
Prestwick, South Ayrshire, Scotland