Plant Maintenance Engineer (M/F)
- Lufthansa - 43 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/lufthansa/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/253c86a5-69a7-460d-887a-c091b0a3d853131305099052685562.png
Provide general mechanical maintenance and electrical support within the maintenance department. Based within the plating shop. Specific purpose shall be the maintenance and repair of all equipment and facility areas/ Plating shop
Duties and responsibilities
• Maintain and repair all equipment and facility areas to agreed standard, with the ability to identify detailed faults
• Complete daily checks to machines and equipment, including statuary checks, within skills capabilities and skills approvals
• Provide out of hour call in support
• Identify spares required in proactive timescales
• All duties shall be undertaken in compliance with Safety, Environmental Regulations and Company procedures
• An awareness and understanding of responsibilities outlined in the Company's environmental procedures.
• To be a contact point for contractors
• To be a part of onsite emergency team
• The position requires understanding of working conditions and environment in a COMAH SITE
• The position requires from time to time flexibility in working hours including working overtime at weekends.
• The nature of the job requires the applicant to come into contact with various greases and oils
• The position involves the training and use of overhead cranes.
• The job requires the applicant to understand manual handling
• The job requires the use of hand tools and power tools.
• The ability to keep your working area clean and tidy and to a high standard
• The job requires the applicant to stand for a prolonged amount of time with a number of breaks throughout the day.
• The position requires the applicant lift/carry/ move maintenance equipment. Therefore requires good physical strength
• This job has no direct reports
Education and qualifications
• Recognized Mechanical Engineering qualifications, and skills
• Driving and Fork Lift equipment licenses (Desirable not required)
• 17th edition or equivalent (Desirable not required
• IPAF License
• AHU's & FCU's
• A mechanical / electrical background
• Apprenticeship preferred but not essential
• Legionella training (Desirable not required)
Experience and knowledge
• Extensive experience preferably within a similar role
• Understanding of a COMAH site would be preferable
• Proven basic Electrical / mechanical skills
• Tower Access & Cherrypicker / working at heights
• Experience within a chemical environment would be beneficial
• Knowledge of overhead travelling cranes / collectors / motors / transfer gates,
• Good knowledge of pvc / pvc-u pipework
• Good knowledge of air systems
• Good knowledge of plant motors / pumps / plating tanks.
• Basic understanding of industrial gas ovens / chiller units / rectifiers etc.
• Ability to understand verbal and written instructions
• Ability to use tools and equipment in a safe manner
• Ability to work under pressure with the minimum of supervision
• Copes well under pressure and can deliver what is required
• Can deal with contractors whilst on site
Unfortunately we are unable to offer a sponsorship therefore applicants must possess a legal work permit for work in the UK
About Lufthansa Technik AG
Lufthansa Technik is the worldwide leading independent provider of maintenance, repair, overhaul and modification services for civil aircraft. With tailored maintenance programs and state-of-the-art repair methods we ensure the durable reliability and availability of our customers' aircraft fleets. We are an internationally-licensed maintenance, production and development company with eight business units: Maintenance, Overhaul, Component Services, Engine Services, Landing Gear Services, VIP Services, Original Equipment Innovation and Digital Fleet Solutions. With more than 26,000 employees and over 30 international subsidiaries, the Lufthansa Technik Group offers its approximately 800 customers worldwide a complete range of services round about aircraft technology.
If this is you, please apply via email:
- Full time
Posted 23 Nov 2018
Closes 23 Dec 2018
This job was posted to: Maintenance manager
Recommended, similar jobs
Luton, Bedfordshire, England
Dublin, County Dublin, Ireland Republic of