IT Release Engineer (IDC)
- flydubai - 4 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/flydubai/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/0f54fd68-deef-46fd-94aa-6daf73d11675130597717898226000.png
Hyderabad Colony, Uttar Pradesh, India
The Release Engineer will play a key role in ensuring that the correct versions of project components (change requests) are released to production on time and with quality, by following an organized and adaptive approach. The primary responsibility will be to coordinate with all stakeholders, create and follow a release strategy. The other key areas of responsibility will be to design and develop build, scripts, installation procedures, and systems including source code control and issue tracking in alignment with the organization strategy and goals. Working closely with the development and quality team to integrate new deployment processes and ensure final version is up to organizational standards.
1. Apply a structured methodology and lead release management activities for flydubai.
2. Architecting, maintaining and streamlining our automated build and release pipeline from code compilation, testing, to deploying releases to production environment
3. Facilitating and championing the quick resolution of problems found during the production promotes and deployment efforts
4. Develop and sustain expertise in industry release management standards.
5. Coordinate with Vendors, Development partners and FZ team to ensure the release version is with quality and on time
6. Creating and maintaining documentation of the build/release process.
7. Investigating tools and processes and integrating them so that they can improve the reliability,
stability and efficiency with which we release our services
8. Conduct and participate in Post Implementation Reviews (PIR) in line with the change management process.
9. Oversees and monitors compliance / adherence to the established processes and practices.
10. Immediately escalates potential risks and issues to the Manager, IT Production Services or the IT Leadership team.
11. Producing regular and accurate release management reports on all project / changes executed by capturing metrics, scorecards and change data.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE/ KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
• BE/ BTech/ MCA/ MSc/ BSc
• Strong knowledge of source control management and tools.
• Knowledge in AWS server management
• Knowledge of continuous build, release and deployment systems.
• Scripting experience with batch / shell scripting in Powershell and Linux.
• Experience in programming skills. Expected to develop necessary tools.
• Experience with tools such as Git, Maven and TFS/VSTS
• 4+ years of total experience in release management activities
• Experience with Automated Testing/QA frameworks and tools.
Knowledge / Skills
• Strong ITIL Release Management process knowledge.
• Knowledge of .NET, Java and Web applications deployment
• Knowledge of IIS, Websphere/Tomcat
• Knowledge of Windows and Linux server management
Certificate / License required
• Certification in ITIL preferred
• Certifications in AWS service management
• Customer Focus
• Team work
• Effective Communication
• Personal Accountability & Commitment to achieve
• Resilience and Flexibility (Can do attitude)
Warning on Recruitment Fraud
flydubai is aware of a number of e-mails, letters and SMS or Whatsapp messages in circulation recently, claiming to be offers of employment from flydubai.
These offers often look legitimate and may include job descriptions, salary, and benefit details.
The offers then direct recipients to provide bank account details.
Although these offers may appear genuine, they are fraudulent and should be deleted immediately and not responded to .
flydubai does not send emails, letters or other messages requesting your bank account details
in order to process documents. flydubai will also never refer you to a third party to process applications or visas. Official communications from flydubai will only come from an email
address ending in Apply and job opportunities with flydubai are advertised on
If you receive any e-mail, letter or other message which you have not requested or are
expecting and it purports to be from flydubai, please contact us at Apply and include the subject line “Recruitment Fraud” to confirm the authenticity of the message.
- Full time
Posted 12 Nov 2018
Closes 11 Apr 2019
This job was posted to: Airline IT