Logistics Specialist (M/F)
- Lufthansa - 38 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/lufthansa/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/253c86a5-69a7-460d-887a-c091b0a3d853131305099052685562.png
The Logistics Specialist is responsible for the entire gateway handling process including planning, executing, booking, and physical handling of the freight.
Coordination and Execution of transportation services:
- Receive freight in the gateway handling area
- Driving of Cargo van and company vehicles
- Deliver freight to airfreight carriers
- Consolidate freight according to business rules
- Find and book capacity, issue shipping documents
- Proactively work to resolve discrepancies as they occur.
- Support, cooperate, and communicate with all parties involved
- Coordinate movements with shippers, suppliers, agents, customers and service providers.
- Execute shipments and issue Air Waybill in required IT applications Execute Export Compliance checks and perform EEI filings a
- Execute shipments as an Indirect Air Carrier and within TSA security programs as required.
- Perform record keeping and filing as needed.
- Work according to, and support the Quality Management System (IQ MOVE).
- Process documentation according to instruction and procedures.
- Support Material Flow Management Team as directed
Communicate with Customers, including but not limited to:
- Receive requests from customers and Material Flow Manager and process according to procedures.
- Communicate with customers in a professional, formal, and sales driven manner.
- Provide proactive status notifications of delayed shipments to customer and/or customer's agent.
Communicate with Carriers and Transportation Service Providers, including but not limited to:
- Identify potential carriers and routings and request capacity access and/or bookings
- Select transportation service provider (within purchasing authority)
- Resolve invoice discrepancies with carrier/transportation service providers.
*Perform support functions and deputized duties as directed.
- High school diploma/GED desirable.
- College degree/vocational training desirable.
- 2+ years in airfreight industry experience required.
- Fluent English required.
- German desirable.
- Experience in air transportation and coordination of freight transportation
Required knowledge on:
- Fork Lift Truck Qualification.
- DGR certified or ability to become certified.
- Must be able to obtain authorization to access Airport Security Areas.
- Training in export/import procedures including export control and TSA Security measures, and be able to obtain/pass STA (Security Threat Assessment) background check from the TSA/Homeland Security.
- User Computer skills.
- Basic Knowledge of MS Office.
- Some work experience in transportation and freight handling systems.
- Must possess permit to work in the U.S.
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- Must be willing to work shifts/overtime
- Must be willing to work under constant time pressure
- Must be willing to work under high stress levels
- Be able to lift up to 70 lbs
- Must be willing to work outdoor weather conditions
- Must be willing to work with noise pollution
- Authority to sign transportation related documents.
- Authority to negotiate ad hoc transportation pricing with suppliers.
- Authority to offer rates to customers.
- Authority to approve transportation invoices within the department.
- Authority to sign documentation for customs.
- Authority to sign transportation manifests and receipts.
* Company may provide relocation assistance.
About Lufthansa Technik Logistik America LLC.
Lufthansa Technik Logistik GmbH and Lufthansa Technik Logistik Services GmbH are strongly expanding companies in the growth industry of logistics. With more than 1,000 employees worldwide we develop trend-setting logistics solutions for the aviation industry. Our product portfolio comprises the entire range of spare parts logistics, from highly-specialized engine transports to a global network of distribution so
- Full time
Posted 8 Nov 2018
Closes 8 Dec 2018
This job was posted to: Freight