Manager Sales (M/F)
- Lufthansa - 49 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/lufthansa/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/253c86a5-69a7-460d-887a-c091b0a3d853131305099052685562.png
The Manager Sales is responsible for the achievement of the targets set by the Head of Sales and Handling (F/GC). This includes economic goals, quality and quantity targets in accordance with the set budget (revenue, quantity, expenses, BJ, investments). She/he is responsible for the day-to-day management of the sales team.
She/he is responsible for implementing the local market plan as defined by the Head of Sales and Handling (F/GC).
- Within the targets set by the Head of Sales and Handling (F/GC), She/he is responsible for the operational steering of sales in the geographical area.
- Development and cultivation of sales channels, customer portfolio and customer relations.
- Steering of inside and outside sales reps/teams, e.g. allocation of accounts and performance management.
- Identification and exploitation of growth potential
- Maximization of earnings and yields in a large and complex market (e.g. complex negotiations on high-volume contracts; large volumes of freighter capacity to fill with fluctuating demand; complex portfolio of Joint Venture capacity to market)
- Where applicable, sales of JV partner capacities and local liaison with JV partners
- Responsibility for ongoing monitoring of market trends and competitors as well as initiation of suitable measures for maintaining and expanding market shares.
- Implementation of communications and advertising measures to promote sales
- Up-date, evaluation and reporting on weekly sales figures and other statistical data.
- Maintenance of customer data bases.
- Local implementation of LCAG sales processes and process adaptations, incl. eCargo projects.
- Performance all other duties assigned or delegated by supervisors.
- Disciplinary management of the inside and outside sales team.
- Manages, encourages, guides and evaluates his/her team members, this includes agency staff contracted by LCAG
- Promotes and ensures people development
- High school diploma/GED required
- College degree/vocational desirable.
- Bachelor's degree desirable.
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant work experience in the logistics or airline industry.
- Adequate knowledge of LH Cargo's processes and organization.
- Alternatively, good knowledge of comparable international airline/ logistics industry structures.
- Fluent English required
- Other language desirable.
- Industry Knowledge required
- Advanced professional sales know how and skills in the B2B environment.
- User Computer skills required.
- MS office, Excel, Word & PowerPoint
- Must possess permit to work in the U.S.
- Willingness for assessment screening
- Willingness to travel
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- Must be willing to work under constant time pressure
- Must be willing to work under high stress levels
- In accordance with rules and regulations, and given authorities
*Cover Letter required.
*Company may provide relocation assistance.
About Lufthansa Cargo AG
Lufthansa Cargo Aktiengesellschaft, headquartered in Frankfurt am Main, Germany, is a subsidiary of Deutsche Lufthansa Aktiengesellschaft. Lufthansa Cargo ranks among the world's leading air freight carriers and currently employs about 4,150 people worldwide. Lufthansa Cargo focuses on the airport-to-airport business. The cargo carrier serves around 300 destinations in more than 100 countries with its own fleet of freighters, the belly capacities of passenger aircraft operated by the Lufthansa Group and an extensive road feeder service network. The bulk of the cargo volume is routed through Frankfurt Airport.
Please apply via Be- Apply under the job number P0458V227
If this is you, please apply online.
- Full time
Posted 8 Nov 2018
Closes 8 Dec 2018
This job was posted to: Airline sales