Base Maintenance Intern
- Ryanair - 100 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ryanair/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/dcb21470-b150-4f7f-aae6-3f8f70584a37131197229877749286.png
Stansted, Essex, England
Ryanair is Europe's favourite airline, carrying 119m p.a. on more than 1,800 daily flights from 87 bases, connecting over 200 destinations in 33 countries on a fleet of over 460 Boeing 737 aircraft, orders to grow this to over 580 aircraft by 2024 as well as the introduction of the Boeing Max in early 2019, which will enable Ryanair to lower fares and grow traffic to 200m p.a. by FY24. Ryanair has a team of more than 11,500 highly skilled aviation professionals delivering Europe's No.1 on-time performance, and an industry leading 33-year safety record.
Ryanair are currently recruiting for a Base Maintenance Intern to assist the department in the safe, efficient and punctual technical operation of the Ryanair fleet. The desired candidate is an enthusiastic individual with a passion for the aviation industry. This opportunity will allow an individual to get an insight into the Irish founded company and how the various departments work to remain Europe's Favourite Airline.
The desired candidate
- Third year student of a bachelor's degree in Aeronautical/Mechanical/Electrical Engineering, business management, finance or a similar discipline.
- A keen interest in pursuing a career in the aviation industry.
- The ability to work without constant supervision in a fast pace environment, work as part of a team, multitask and think outside the box are essential.
- Close attention to detail and an ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Excellent communications and written skills.
- Excellent IT/Software knowledge - Microsoft Office suite.
Duties include but are not limited to;
- Assisting the Deputy Director of Heavy Maintenance / Heavy Maintenance Manager in duties.
- Review of Base Maintenance procedures and processes to ensure sufficient control of the base maintenance operation.
- Data analysis - create logical solutions/findings from data gathered in the past and present and also implement new insights to improve the visibility across the sites.
- Financial analysis and control - Looking after invoices and department spending with the ongoing project to improve the financial processes across the group sites.
- Overseeing bases that carry out scheduled maintenance/functions by tackling daily challenges that arise and with the long term aim to improve efficiency where seen appropriate.
Closing date to apply: 2nd December 2018 or for more information contact Apply
- Full time
- Boeing 737-100 / 0200
Posted 8 Nov 2018
Closes 8 Dec 2018
This job was posted to: Maintenance manager
Recommended, similar jobs
Dublin, County Dublin, Ireland Republic of