Flight SIM Engineer - Stansted (STN)
- Ryanair - 99 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ryanair/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/dcb21470-b150-4f7f-aae6-3f8f70584a37131197229877749286.png
Stansted, Essex, England
Ryanair is currently recruiting for a Flight SIM Engineer to join their team.
This is an excellent opportunity for somebody to progress their career and gain experience in Europe's leading airline.
The successful candidates will be based at Stansted Airport and will have to perform the following duties:
- Carry out preventative and corrective maintenance of 2x Level 'D' Series 7000XR B737-800W and 2 x Level 'B' Series 5000 Full Flight Simulators.
- Maintain various training equipment and associated Flight Training Devices to the standards expected by East Midlands Training.
- Perform daily readiness checks to ensure FSTD is ready for daily operation.
- Maintain Flight Simulator Equipment to EASA FSTD-A Level 'D' Standard.
- Maintain the Quality System in accordance with EASA Requirements.
- Review and implement aircraft and vendor service bulletins.
- Install and verify aircraft loadable software.
- Liaise with aircrew at the technical level on aircraft systems to resolve defects.
- Liaise with technical inspectors at initial and recurrent qualifications.
- Liaise with FSTD vendors to rectify defects requiring vendor support.
- Run and check the scheduled Quality Test Guide (QTG) Tests.
- Design and embody modifications on the simulators to maintain compatibility with Ryanair fleet using hardware and software engineering skills.
- Conduct technical defect clearance with nominated flight crew.
- Conduct a subjective evaluation session of FSTD performance with flight crew.
- Conduct a subjective evaluation session of a visual database with flight crew.
- Maintain compliance with the UK Health & Safety at Work Act 1974.
- Complete any other tasks that are reasonably required to carry out the daily operation of a Flight Simulator Training Centre
- Recognized Apprenticeship or Adult Training in electronic and avionic engineering
- A background in aviation/flight simulation.
- Specializing in Digital Flight Simulation, Complex Data Networking and Process Control using Distributed Micro processing.
- At least five years' experience in military and/or civilian Flight Simulation for the experienced positions.
If you meet the above criteria and have the energy and commitment to join our exciting organization, then we want to hear from you!
- Full time
- Boeing 737-100 / 0200
Posted 5 Nov 2018
Closes 5 Dec 2018
This job was posted to: Flight engineer