Test Measurement Engineer - UETF
- Rolls Royce - 69 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/rolls-royce/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/78df6a98-cf69-4ed8-906a-5da9d05845c4131848696004733348.jpg
Dhahran Al-Janoub, 'Asir, Saudi Arabia
An exciting opportunity has arisen to Dhahran, Saudi Arabia to join our team as a Test and Measurement Engineer.
The Rolls-Royce Saudi Arabia Limited (RRSAL) team based at Dhahran Saudi Arabia provide a service to the Royal Saudi Air Force for the testing of engines to support its fleet of Tornado (powered by RB199), Hawk (powered by the Adour Mk871) and Typhoon (powered by the EJ200) aircraft.
You will be joining the existing team based at King Abdullaziz Air Base (Eastern Province) which will provide the successful applicant with the opportunity to expand their knowledge across all areas associated with the production pass-off of gas turbine engines.
At Rolls-Royce, innovation is in our DNA. We pioneer integrated power and propulsion solutions across multiple markets. We embrace the power of data and technology and we aim to be Digital First in everything we do.
We're the second largest global provider of defence aero-engine products and services globally with 16,000 engines in the service of 160 customers in 100 countries. Our engines power aircraft in every major sector, including: transport, combat, patrol, trainers, helicopters and unmanned aerial vehicles.
- Configuration measurement systems (test data / performance).
- Perform technical backup of measurement systems which control: control systems (MECU / DECMU / TDAS), performance data and vibration parameters.
- Define solutions or specifications for test measurement equipment.
- Provide facility fault diagnosis of problems (mechanical and electrical) affecting engine and test bed capability.
- Investigate and troubleshoot measurement equipment problems impacting test activities.
- Documents and validates engine test results and focusses on Right First Time (Static Process Control) to eliminate repetitive failures.
- Assist with the Management of engine and test bed equipment (assist with maintaining stocks and procurement of spares) and Support the customer with the engine test process.
- Support Original Equipment Manufactures (OEM) maintenance and annual calibration visits and submit DDRs and Technical Queries to the Rolls-Royce Bristol Operations Room.
- The education level will be a mix of HNC, HND and degree level or to have equivalent relevant experience.
- Knowledge of gas turbines, engineering standards and processes.
- Experience of control systems, software programming, electronics and electrical design is desirable.
- Project Management experience in planning and deriving schedules would be advantageous but not essential.
- Able to work under pressure, working to tight short term deadlines and self-motivated with a positive attitude to work.
- Strong customer facing interpersonal skills with the desire to lead an integrated team.
- Strong organisation and communication skills.
Pioneer an ocean of power. Join us and you'll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for brilliance and innovation.
We are pioneers of power. At Rolls-Royce we impact the world by being free to innovate, explore and be brilliant. Our excellence today, builds on our strong heritage and makes us advance beyond tomorrow.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
Closing date: 05/11/2018
- Full time
Posted 29 Oct 2018
Closes 28 Nov 2018
This job was posted to: Quality control