Technical Sales Representative
- Rolls Royce - 69 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/rolls-royce/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/78df6a98-cf69-4ed8-906a-5da9d05845c4131848696004733348.jpg
Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
Technical Sales Representative
Peterborough, ON, Canada
Lead & Embrace possibilities
At Rolls-Royce, we look beyond tomorrow. We continually pioneer integrated power and propulsion solutions to deliver cleaner, safer and more competitive power.
Rolls-Royce Civil Nuclear Canada is part of our Nuclear division, and operates within the Canadian and US Civil Nuclear market. It is a design and manufacture business which is CSA N285 accredited for design and manufacture of nuclear pressure boundary components.
We provide engineering, rector components, parts and tooling to support the nuclear operators as well as waste handling and transportation solutions for the new builds, refurbishment and decommissioning markets.
We currently have an opening for Technical Sales Representative.
- Conduct appropriate internal/external research, recommend sales approach and respond to external requests in a timely manner
- Identify suspects, prospects and opportunities in the marketplace and feed intelligence to the home office
- Build strong relationships with your customers in a fast-paced, constantly moving environment
- Provide guidance, lead and feedback to proposal response plan: Technical write-ups, Estimates, Assumption and Clarifications
- Build a deep understanding of the business and the factors that influence its performance and over time strive to become expert in Rolls-Royce's product and service lines, including cross-selling
- Clearly communicate sales or service opportunities and customer concerns or suggestions
- Develop new or update existing sales qualification materials for current and future pursuit efforts, provide pictures, graphic design and desktop publishing, and work with the team to develop more complex materials, as required
- Establish and maintain long-term business relationships with new and current customer base
- Maintain knowledge of competitor products and services and identify and report intelligence on competitor marketing strategies
- Monitor customer feedback and handle customer issues in a courteous, prompt manner in order to maintain a loyal partnership with all customers
- In a support role, manage customers' expectations with the services and products they are procuring
- Provide assistance and support Director, Business Development in data collection, reporting activities and coordination and expediting information from other Rolls-Royce units
- Maintain good relationships with key decision makers and influencers across customers, both utilities and Tier 1 suppliers to utilities
- Attend tradeshows and other sales related activities
- Organize and participate in sales response-related meetings (internal and/or client), as appropriate and travel to customers and other Rolls-Royce business units, as required
- Have a valid driver's license and flexible schedule to thrive in the industry
- Travel over 50% of the time is expected within Ontario (Port Elgin, Clarington, Pickering and Chalk River areas)
- Operate to the highest ethical standard in line with company policy and procedures
Rolls-Royce is a Military Friendly Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
- Diploma or Bachelor's degree and/or three to five years of proven sales or marketing experience in a highly technical field
- Strong presentation skills and professional appearance
- Knowledge of advertising and sales promotion techniques
- Self-starter, highly motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills (Understanding influence of internal and external stakeholders in order to get successful proposals done on time)
- Advanced communication skills in English
- Knowledge in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
- Flexible work schedule
- Ability to respond to travel requests with short notice
- Technical/engineering background preferred
Pioneer power for life. Join us and you'll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for brilliance and innovation.
Trusted to deliver excellence.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
16 Oct 2018; 00:10
30 Oct 2018, 00:10
- Full time
Posted 29 Oct 2018
Closes 28 Nov 2018
This job was posted to: Airline sales