- Rolls Royce - 69 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/rolls-royce/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/78df6a98-cf69-4ed8-906a-5da9d05845c4131848696004733348.jpg
Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
Peterborough, ON, Canada
Lead & Embrace possibilities
Reporting to the Quality Assurance and Business Improvement Manager, the Quality Engineer will hold a senior role within the department. Your responsibilities will include supporting customer and regulatory body activities, performing internal reviews and providing professional support to the business in order to achieve effective operational control, compliance and continuous improvement.
At Rolls-Royce, we look beyond tomorrow. We continually pioneer integrated power and propulsion solutions to deliver cleaner, safer and more competitive power.
Our civil nuclear business provides nuclear reactor vendors and utility operators with integrated, long-term support services and solutions spanning the whole reactor lifecycle, from concept design through to obsolescence management and plant-life extension. Safety-critical systems have been supplied to around 50% of the global nuclear power plants in service and we've been a key player in the nuclear industry for more than 50 years.
- Take a leadership role in the day to day activities of the Quality Department
- First line quality point of contact for major programs at the Peterborough site
- Assist in the collation of information to support management reviews, monthly, quarterly and yearly reports
- Facilitate business improvement activities and training. Promote quality best practice(s) and support all aspects of continuous improvement activity
- Resolve issues through the robust application of problem resolution tools and methodologies
- Undertake internal quality audits and support external audits imposed on the organization as directed
- Understand and drive compliance to regulatory requirements
- Create and maintain quality procedures and work instructions as required
- Work closely with all facets of the business to identify, document, control and resolve non-conformities
- Perform product verification activities (incoming and production) as required
- Support the Supplier Quality team by performing product source inspections on Rolls-Royce supplier premises as required
Rolls-Royce is a Military Friendly Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
- Minimum of 5 years previous experience in a Quality Assurance role or attainment of a College level quality assurance certificate
- Familiarity with welding standards and specifications, understanding of non-destructive testing principals would be an asset
- Familiarity with machine shop best practices and techniques
- Familiarity with standard coating processes for ferrous and non-ferrous materials
- Minimum of 2 years previous internal auditing experience
- Green Belt certification is preferred
- Formal Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) training would be an asset
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- The ability to interpret mechanical drawings and product specifications, including geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
- Proficient in operating standard office software applications (MS Office)
- Experience working within an ERP system would be an asset (specifically SAP)
- Proficient in the use of Mitutoyo MCosmos coordinate measuring machine software would be an asset
- Knowledge of Military and ASTM specifications
- Ability to lead a group of peers to successfully meet a specific objective
- Work independently in a fast paced environment
- Ability to problem solve and meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate and establish/maintain effective relations
- Ability to prioritize own work
- Maintain a safe work environment and adhere to all Company policies and procedures while carrying out duties
- A Level II (Secret) Security Clearance from Public Works and Government Services Canada, Industrial Security Services, may be required
Pioneer power for life. Join us and you'll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for brilliance and innovation.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
16 Oct 2018; 00:10
30 Oct 2018, 00:10
- Full time
Posted 29 Oct 2018
Closes 28 Nov 2018
This job was posted to: Quality control