- Rolls Royce - 69 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/rolls-royce/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/78df6a98-cf69-4ed8-906a-5da9d05845c4131848696004733348.jpg
Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
Peterborough, ON, Canada
Explore & Exceed
As a Welder, you will weld machined parts such as frames, tanks, pressure vessels according to blueprints and weld procedures to meet the engineered drawings in the time allotted by the manufacturing Process Instructions, while adhering to Risk assessments as they apply to each operation or machine. For more complex weldments, in association with a Welder Fitter, you will plan welding sequences while applying knowledge of geometry, physical properties of metal including weld shrinkage.
At Rolls-Royce, we pioneer the power that matters to our customers, to society and to the planet.
Our civil nuclear business provides nuclear reactor vendors and utility operators with integrated, long-term support services and solutions spanning the whole reactor lifecycle, from concept design through to obsolescence management and plant-life extension. Safety-critical systems have been supplied to around 50% of the global nuclear power plants in service and we've been a key player in the nuclear industry for more than 50 years.
- Adhere to all Risk Assessment requirements for the equipment being used
- Consistently deliver acceptable parts in the time allowed
- Contribute to Tool Box talks and other communications
Rolls-Royce is a Military Friendly Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
- Demonstrate knowledge of safe handling of materials, and the ability to recognize unsafe situation
- Has evidence of successful performance of welding activities using a verity of welding process's and materials
- Ability to weld a verity of metals including most varieties of carbon and stainless steels
- Ability to weld in various process's such as GTAW, SMAW, GMAW, FCAW
- Proven understanding of required mathematics
- Read and understand welding drawings
- Identify different materials
- Communicate well with others (peers, supervisors); speaking; talking to others to convey information effectively
- Familiar with Asme and CWB codes are an asset
Pioneer power for life. Join us and you'll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for brilliance and innovation.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
Closing date: 7th November 2018
- Full time
Posted 29 Oct 2018
Closes 28 Nov 2018
This job was posted to: Fabricator