- Rolls Royce - 69 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/rolls-royce/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/78df6a98-cf69-4ed8-906a-5da9d05845c4131848696004733348.jpg
Seattle, Washington, United States
Workshop Technician - Commercial Marine
Dream big & Make an impact
As the Workshop Technician - Commercial Marine, you will be responsible for providing support in repairing and overhauling diesel, propulsion and deck machinery equipment. With this support role, you will also be additionally responsible for conducting regular scheduled maintenance on workshop machinery. This position also provide support with controlling inbound and outbound shipments to include managing onsite storage of customer owned equipment.
At Rolls-Royce, we pioneer the power that matters to our customers, to society and to the planet.
We're at the forefront of innovation and experience in the Marine sector, and our product portfolio ranges from standalone products to complex integrated systems including ship design. A leading provider of propulsion and handling solutions for the maritime offshore, merchant and naval markets, we have more than 4,000 customers, with 70 naval forces and over 30,000 commercial vessels using our equipment.
- Work as part of a team to repair or overhaul marine equipment and systems to meet specification and tolerances
- Verify dimensions and clearances to ensure conforming to specification
- Conduct tests and inspections to QA/QC standards
- Read blueprints, schematics, diagrams and technical orders for methods and sequences of assembly
- Inspect, analyse, record calibration results and produce Service and Technical Reports
- Ensure that all work is done in accordance with applicable legal and Company procedures and instructions, including Health & Safety policies
Rolls-Royce is a Military Friendly Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
- High School Diploma or equivalent with 2+ years of Marine Repair, Maintenance, and/or Overhaul experience
- Associates Degree or Trade School Certification with 1+ years of Marine Repair, Maintenance, and/or Overhaul experience
- In order to be considered for this opportunity you must be a US Citizen or a Permanent Resident
- Understand engineering standards, methods and procedures appropriate to the repairing and overhauling diesel, propulsion, and/or deck machinery equipment
- Ability to solve technical problems
- Experience with developing lift plans and lifting equipment using overhead cranes and operating forklift
- Knowledgeable in Washington State Health, safety and Environmental procedure
- Experience with basic to intermediate Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint tools and functionality
Pioneer an ocean of power. Join us and you'll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for brilliance and innovation.
We are an equal opportunities employer
Closing Date: 5th November 2018
22 Oct 2018; 00:10
05 Nov 2018, 00:11
- Full time
Posted 29 Oct 2018
Closes 28 Nov 2018
This job was posted to: Aircraft mechanic