Field Service Engineer, Propulsion - Commercial Marine - Seattle, WA
- Rolls Royce - 69 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/rolls-royce/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/78df6a98-cf69-4ed8-906a-5da9d05845c4131848696004733348.jpg
Seattle, Washington, United States
Field Service Engineer, Propulsion - Commercial Marine
Dream big & Make an impact
As the Field Service Engineer, Propulsion - Commercial Marine you will be responsible for carrying out maintenance, repairs, and diagnosis on Commercial Marine Propulsion systems to minimise equipment downtime and ensure customer satisfaction. In this role, you will work directly with customer representatives to administer on-site maintenance programmes and maintain technical service records of work completed.
At Rolls-Royce, we pioneer the power that matters to our customers, to society and to the planet.
We're at the forefront of innovation and experience in the Marine sector, and our product portfolio ranges from standalone products to complex integrated systems including ship design. A leading provider of propulsion and handling solutions for the maritime offshore, merchant and naval markets, we have more than 4,000 customers, with 70 naval forces and over 30,000 commercial vessels using our equipment.
- Undertake relevant routine maintenance, repair, and commissioning work on Commercial Marine equipment in accordance with maintenance contracts.
- Read blueprints, schematics, diagrams, and work order requests to conduct the necessary steps for maintenance and repair.
- Inspect, analyse, record calibration results, and produce Service and Technical Reports.
- Create maintenance service records/recommendations and provide them to the Commercial Marine Service Coordination team and customer
- Advise customers on additional Commercial Marine products and service offerings for potential upgrade options
- Must be able to continuously lift 50 lbs. and work overtime as required
- Must be able to travel both domestically and internationally up to 75%
Rolls-Royce is a Military Friendly Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic
- High School Diploma or equivalent with 2+ years of Mechanical Engineering and/or Marine Mechanical Engineering Service experience
- Associates Degree and/or Trade School Certification with 1+ years of Mechanical Engineering and/or Marine Mechanical Engineering Service experience
- In order to be considered for this role, you must be a USA Citizen or a Permanent Resident
- Extensive experience creating detailed technical service reports.
- Thorough functional understanding of Microsoft Word and Office applications
- Prior Service Technician experience working with a range of products, systems, and applications
- Strong Mechanical Engineering experience with a solid understanding of machining and tooling techniques
Pioneer an ocean of power. Join us and you'll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for brilliance and innovation.
We are an equal opportunities employer
Closing Date: 5th November 2018
25 Oct 2018; 00:10
05 Nov 2018, 00:11
- Full time
Posted 29 Oct 2018
Closes 28 Nov 2018
This job was posted to: Flight simulation