- Rolls Royce - 69 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/rolls-royce/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/78df6a98-cf69-4ed8-906a-5da9d05845c4131848696004733348.jpg
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
Innovate & Power the world
As a Manufacturing Engineer with Rolls-Royce, you will support Machining and/or Gas Turbine Engine Assembly providing guidance for the introduction of processes, equipment and error proofing technology into machining and/or assembly. You will also be supporting and determining corrective actions for customer complaints and quality non-compliance by participating in corrective action groups made up of cross functional team members.
At Rolls-Royce, we pioneer the power that matters to our customers, to society and to the planet.
We deliver the best jet engines in the world. Through intelligent innovation and active collaboration, we're putting our customers at the forefront of the aviation industry - and we keep them there. Our product portfolio powers more than 35 types of commercial aircraft, and with over 13,000 engines in-service around the world; we're keeping the world flying.
- Developing manufacturing and/or assembly processes that are applicable to statistical process control and developing those techniques, as needed
- Monitoring performance of machinery, equipment and tools to verify their efficiency
- Initiating corrective action of problems and deficiencies to ensure product quality
- Providing guidance to engineering regarding design concepts and specification requirements to best utilize equipment and manufacturing and /or assembly techniques
- Utilizing PFMEAs, control plans, MSA activities in the manufacturing and/or assembly areas using HPC and Production systems concepts and as needed with yield enhancement and to incorporate Lean Manufacturing best practices and working in a culture focused on improvements
Rolls-Royce is a Military Friendly Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
- Associate's degree with 6+ years experience in a manufacturing engineering environment working with lathes and mills or assemblies, OR;
- A Bachelor`s degree with 2+ years experience in a manufacturing engineering environment working with lathes and mills or assemblies, OR;
- A Master`s degree with 0+ years experience in a manufacturing engineering environment working with lathes and mills or assemblies, OR;
- In lieu of a degree, 10+ years experience in a manufacturing engineering environment working with lathes and mills or assemblies
- In order to be considered for this opportunity, you must be a US Citizen
- Knowledge and some experience in the operation of machining principles, gas turbine assemblies, tool and fixture design
- CNC programming and CMM programing
- Special processes (plating, coating, brazing, heat treat, painting)
- FAIR's, PfMEA's, Work instructions, regulatory compliances
Pioneer the performance of the future. Join us and you'll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for brilliance and innovation.
We are an equal opportunities employer
Closing Date: Wednesday 7th November 2018
26 Oct 2018; 00:10
07 Nov 2018, 00:11
- Full time
Posted 29 Oct 2018
Closes 28 Nov 2018
This job was posted to: Planning engineer
Recommended, similar jobs
Prestwick, South Ayrshire, Scotland