Data and Software Engineering : Capability Lead
- Rolls Royce - 69 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/rolls-royce/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/78df6a98-cf69-4ed8-906a-5da9d05845c4131848696004733348.jpg
Greater London, England
Innovate & Power the world
A unique opportunity has arisen for a Data and Software Engineering Capability Lead to join Rolls-Royce R ² Data Labs in London.
As Capability Lead for Data and Software Engineering you will be a commercially focused and relentlessly technical individual, passionate about the pivotal role of data for AI/analytics and re-imaged products and services. You will need to build, motivate, and sustain a community of data and software engineering practitioners that are tasked with turning our ever-growing and disparate massive data silos into a key corporate asset.
At Rolls-Royce, we pioneer the power that matters to our customers, to society and to the planet.
R² Data Labs in the Innovation Hub is tasked as part of the group with improving the group's sustainable competitive differentiation through early stage discovery, driving innovation and efficiency into our products and services. The Innovation Hub as a whole will spearhead our technological and strategic responses to electrification and digitalisation, as well as ensuring that the technologies underpinning our core products and services remain world class.
- Establish, inspire, educate and lead a vibrant data and software engineering community of practitioners that range from graduate to thought leader, promoting a can-do attitude and digital mind-sets
- Create and make successful a universal set of data assets, data accelerators for globally disparate teams that leverage our strategic technology landscape, tools and techniques.
- Drive best practices adoption for data and AI integration workflows across our businesses and accelerate the deployment of on-stream data assets and machine learning capabilities in order to disrupt and substantially improve our operational efficiency
- Active engagement across the data and software engineering community to foster a spirit of self-learning, cross fertilisation of our best data standards, and to encourage all members to pursue a mentoring and coaching role
- Influence, challenge and formulate the thought leadership in how data may drive compliance and security adherence making a step change in the confidence and ease in which to share content between apps, local, and enterprise systems
- Drive the design, and continuous improvement of our data engineering practices that will introduce and embed, superlative data pipelines, Microservices, re-useable data components, Continuous Integration & Continuous Deployment, Test and Feature Driven Development and Blue/Green Deployment Strategies
- BSc in a stem related subject (MSc/PhD is desirable) or equivalent
- Experience with one or more of the following: Digital strategies, technology/software/SAAS concepts, agile development processes and methodologies
- Ability to lead the Digital strategy and collaborative working to embed data and AI driven solutions. Promoting the capabilities of Big Data Platform, Scalable architectures including cloud and Advanced Real Time linked Data Acquisition
- Excellent influencing and partnering skills, with the ability to be effective with directors and CXOs level stakeholder
- You must be a skilled software development practitioner with the ability to code software solutions using: Python, R, Spark, Unix/Linux Shell Scripting with Relational Databases technologies: (SQL) including ETL tools (Informatic) and SSIS.
- Experience is using Big Data tools including Apache- Hive, PySpark, Ambari, Oozie and NoSQL technologies (Hbase or Mongodb)
Please note: there will be the opportunity to travel both domestically and internationally with this role.
We offer excellent opportunities to develop, along with a competitive salary and exceptional benefits. These include bonus, childcare vouchers, employee support assistance and employee discounts.
Pioneer beyond tomorrow. Join us and you'll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for brilliance and innovation.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
Posting End Date: 06/11/2018
- Full time
Posted 29 Oct 2018
Closes 28 Nov 2018
This job was posted to: Project manager