Materials & Processes Engineer
- Boeing - 3 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/boeing/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/f3c1ac35-b4da-4da3-a75f-3b809c8c2887130790999699364000.png
Munich International Airport, Munich, Bayern, Germany
Materials & Processes (M&P) Engineers are needed to support the goals and objectives of the various Boeing commercial programs (737/747/767/777/787) and projects being conducted by Boeing Research & Technology (BR&T) in Europe. BR&T is currently supporting Boeing serialized production and the integration of manufacturing technologies in this region. We are looking for engineers with strong leadership who can work collaboratively multiple types of issues (e.g. composites, metals, finishes, fastening/assembly, processing, etc.) and act as the company representative at supplier, sub-tier supplier, and academic premises.
Statement of Work
• Manage audit programs to qualify suppliers to applicable requirements and production schedule need dates.
• Ensure materials, processes and equipment readiness for qualification.
• Lead and participate in complex root-cause and corrective action activities to ensure manufactured parts and processes meet engineering and regulatory requirements.
• Interface with stakeholders in Boeing procurement and quality organizations and Boeing Suppliers to ensure M&P support is integrated with airplane schedule and rate requirements.
• Participate in and provide feedback on various Research & Development (R&D) projects to develop new and innovative materials and processes to improve production quality, safety, and reduce production costs and flows. The projects may be related to composites, fastening and fabrication/assembly, or processing such as forging, chemical conversion/plating, etc.
• Lead others in work statement (team), assist in defining strategies and provide consultation.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 9 years proven experience in relevant application areas and demonstrate the following abilities: strong project management skills, engineering background, and prior experience with commercial airplane materials, parts, or processes with OEM or sub-tier suppliers. In particular, the following items are considered an essential part of the job: flexibility to work on different technology areas and applications related to aerospace manufacturing, proven ability to work in multidiscipline teaming environments, excellent written and oral communication skills in English. Candidate must demonstrate knowledge and/or experience in one or more of the following aerospace areas: manufacturing, fabrication, assembly lines, production control, and quality assurance. Strong preference will be given to candidates with experience in Boeing design and build processes, and especially to engineers with composite fabrication experience or metals background with Boeing material (BMS) and process (BAC) specification knowledge.
Engineering Bachelor of Science degree in Material Science, Mechanical Engineering, or similar degrees are appropriate.
Other job related information
Candidate must be eligible to be stationed and work in Germany.
Travel up to 25% will be required within Europe to fulfill this work statement at Boeing suppliers and to USA as needed.
Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for an international, locally hired position. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT (or ability to attain) LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IN GERMANY. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS. Make sure you list all of the Countries in which you are a citizen. If you have work authorization for a country that you are not a citizen of, please explain this on the top of your resume. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S.-based payroll. THERE IS NO EXPATRIATE PACKAGE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS POSITION.
- Full time
Posted 24 Oct 2018
Closes 31 Jan 2019
This job was posted to: Planning engineer