Automation Senior Leader / Engineer f/m
- Boeing - 3 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/boeing/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/f3c1ac35-b4da-4da3-a75f-3b809c8c2887130790999699364000.png
Munich International Airport, Munich, Bayern, Germany
Boeing Research & Technology Europe is seeking a Senior Engineer to join the Boeing Research and Technology European team. The work will initially focus on developing and managing the standardization of automation architecture (network, safety, hardware, software, power and data) and critical automation components for Boeing manufacturing applications and systems, but will also include technology development, testing and transitioning the technologies into Boeing production systems. This will be done through close cooperation with various key stakeholders such as Production Engineering, Product Development and Supplier Management across both commercial and defense operations, as well as key selected European partners, Universities and Research Centers. The successful candidate must have prior proven experience in submitting proposals to European/German funding bodies to capture external funds to develop and mature the required technologies and shall maintain an unbiased approach in driving standardization with key focus on best value proposition for the Boeing enterprise.
* Lead an energetic and qualified group of Boeing engineers located in several countries in driving the standardization and automation system solutions. Provide technical direction for successful technologies development and implementation into Boeing production systems. Oversight the selected partners, Universities and Research Centers as well as the less experienced engineers in the team to establish common controls hardware and software architecture and components, including safety (control reliable) and factory data systems for The Boeing enterprise.
* Ensure that all automation components meet the Boeing specifications, all components are tested and validated and fit into the Boeing network architecture and meet the application requirements.
* Ensure that the Industry 4.0 Integration is consistent with Boeing strategy and production system activities already occurring within the enterprise.
* Incorporate lessons learned into enterprise standards and designs.
* Ensure transition of the R&D into Boeing production systems
* Implement cost savings initiatives into the system solutions.
* Support the development of technology application solutions.
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
* Prior proven experience in best practices for the development of automation standards in other industrial sectors.
* Strong automation and controls systems engineering background, with extensive knowledge of software architecture, software engineering and automation engineering standards in the areas of controls hardware, software, robotics, networks and safety systems.
* Knowledge and experience in Agile development and continuous integration of large scale software systems.
* Deep knowledge of controls hardware components, capable to write technical specifications and work with Supplier Management to select suppliers.
* Extensive knowledge of Manufacturing processes and operations.
* Experience in Academic and Industry R&D environment:
* Proven knowledge of EU funding schemes in preparation and submission of research project proposals.
* Minimum 10 years’ experience in Manufacturing R&D, with experience in proposal writing, launch execution, engineering design and build, project management.
* Ability to work with different teams within the enterprise and selected partners, Universities and research centers.
* Capable of Project management for developing innovative system solutions to accelerate Boeing leadership in factory automation; Responsible for project management including budget, schedule and milestones, leading to deployment and launch in key product programs.
* Fluency in English and German (mandatory).
* High level of analytical skill with proven ability to solve technical problems, with demonstrated professional performance in related area(s).
* Demonstrates excellent level of communication and interpersonal skills required to build relationships with team members and stakeholders to solve problems and resolve issues.
* Must enjoy working as part of a larger team, be comfortable voicing and receiving opinions, and adding overall value to the process and solution. Must want to work within an agile development environment
* Demonstrates ability to manage teams of people/projects and assignments with highest level of autonomy and accountability for results
* Demonstrates initiative by reaching beyond work assigned to improve output and/or help others
* Proven ability in project management skills and ability to teach others
* Ability to travel domestically and globally?
- Full time
Posted 24 Oct 2018
Closes 31 Jan 2019
This job was posted to: Project manager, Testing