- Carbon60 - 21 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/carbon60/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/9d8710ac-623f-49a3-b617-4f902d43d1cf131100744477221974.png
Portsmouth, Hampshire, England
Materials & Process Engineer
An opportunity for a Materials and Process Engineer has arisen for our client based in Portsmouth. The successful candidate will work as part of a transnational team providing Materials and Processes related support to the local business units for all procured flight related electronic equipment, cables and harnesses. Contributing to the Materials and Processes team mission, assuring the quality of materials and processes used in our clients products.
* To provide a support as a technical authority for all electronic equipment, material and process related qualifications, approvals and any process related issues/non-conformances to internal and external customers alike.
* Act as the responsible materials engineer for one or more project or product teams, acting as the single contact point for the resolution of all materials and processes issues.
* Interfacing with internal and external customers to ensure that all electronic equipment and related materials and processes are fully approved within project timescales and with respect to customer quality requirements.
* To instigate and manage to completion materials and processes selection, development, evaluation and qualification programmes.
* To prepare declared materials and processes lists, ensuring that all qualifications for both materials and processes have been achieved by the Critical Design Reviews.
* Actively participate in transnational meetings to drive the standardisation of process links between sited.
* To review and approve, where necessary, supplier or subcontractor materials and processes documentation.
* To monitor the technical performance of suppliers and subcontractors participating in audits as required.
* To provide training and assist in the development of other members of the department.
* Materials and processes knowledge in relevant fields such as: electronics technology, soldering and SMT, micro-joining techniques, printed circuit boards, metallurgy, paints, coatings and adhesives. Good working knowledge of failure analysis techniques.
* Good interpersonal skills, communication and presentation capability.
* Facilitation skills for leading problem solving and risk analysis.
* Autonomy, ability to work with minimum supervision.
Required work experience:
* Experience of working in a controlled, high technology environment, ideally Aerospace or Defence (minimum of 3 - 5 years).
* Materials Engineer at graduate level with wide knowledge of electronic assembly, PCB's metals and non-metals.
* Transnational awareness.
* Appreciation of audits and continuous improvement.
* Awareness of health and safety, environment and COSHH.
* National and international travel.
Should you be interested on this opportunity please contact Denise Simao on or on + Apply. Please note: You will be required to apply for and receive a DBS certificate prior to commencement of the contract.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
- £ 0.00 - 0.00 Per year £ 0.00 - 0.00 Per year">
- Full time
Posted 24 Oct 2018
Closes 23 Nov 2018
This job was posted to: Testing