Fuel Finance Analyst
- easyJet - 53 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/easyjet/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/c8af808d-5d02-4385-abe7-72a5b3b45582131202433215856711.png
Greater London, England
When it comes to innovation and achievement there are few organisations with a better track record. Join us and you'll be able to play a big part in the success of our highly successful, fast-paced business that opens up Europe so people can exercise their get-up-and-go. With over 300 aircraft flying over 800 routes to more than 30 countries, we're the UK's largest airline, the fourth largest in Europe and the tenth largest in the world. Flying over 80 million passengers a year, we employ over 13,000 people. Its big-scale stuff and we're still growing.
As a key member of the Operations Finance team, this role will report into Senior Finance Manager for Fuel and Disruption providing analytical support for the costs.
You will be responsible for the following:
- Providing a true Business Partner framework to all cross functional areas involved in fuel (Flight Ops, Treasury, Finance, Commercial) ensuring that the business owners are supported with the right insight and information at all times. Strong business partnering with cross functional stakeholders including wider finance team, Operations & commercial teams to ensure seamless communication and integrity of results and forecasts.
- Providing monthly detailed analysis and insight into the costs which can be used to drive business performance and improve the cost base
- Responsibility for accurate weekly forecasting into consolidated PBT model
- Driving confidence in numbers and providing insight into risks and opportunities
- Providing financial evaluation and acts as decision support for ad-hoc projects and cost saving initiatives
- Producing, reviewing and maintaining rolling 24 month fuel usage forecasts at airport level for use in fuel hedging and surety of supply discussions with key fuel suppliers
- Interpreting actual fuel costs vs budget and actual tankered amounts vs forecast variances to help optimise tankering and drive cost effective behaviour in fuel operations
- Developing a new forecasting model that will help improve fuel forecasting including tankering by station; actively engage in development of underlying systems and new Data Hub
- Identifying and drive through continuous improvement opportunities in the end to end operational and financial, fuel process
- Ensuring controls & analysis is in place to review that new airports, rates and any change in fuel suppliers and commodities are immediately captured to be able to account for these correctly.
- Reviewing reconciliation of balance sheet accounts in a timely manner with supporting schedules and thorough understanding of the balance sheet position, managing risk and opportunities with the business.
- Developing analysis to understand the drivers of fuel variances including fuel burn and tankering
As a member of the Core Finance team, the Fuel Finance Analyst has responsibility for maintaining effective cross functional relationships and providing subject matter expertise to a diverse and demanding set of stakeholders.
- Full time
Posted 23 Oct 2018
Closes 22 Nov 2018
This job was posted to: Airline finance
Recommended, similar jobs
Greater London, England