Supplier Quality Engineer x3
- Carbon60 - 34 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/carbon60/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/9d8710ac-623f-49a3-b617-4f902d43d1cf131100744477221974.png
Supplier Quality Engineer - Gloucester
My client based in Gloucester is offering a unique, challenging and exciting opportunity to join their Supplier Quality team.
This role will offer you a great opportunity to travel the world and see some of the most advanced, sophisticated and modern manufacturing sites available.
You will develop, educate and advance your own network of suppliers, making decisive improvements to the company's global supply chain.
Your background will consist of Technical Production Engineering principles with practical experience of the production, manufacturing or assembly of components.
Knowledge and application of your own industry's standards and regulations would be beneficial.
Applicants must have a full driving licence, current passport and a willingness to travel to North America, Europe and Asia.
Your role will be to audit and investigate my clients global supplier base to identify and develop suppliers in order to improve their stability and performance whilst, resolving reoccurring manufacturing issues.
To achieve this you will need to utilize your engineering problem-solving skills to determine the root cause of the problem and develop robust corrective and preventative actions using industry standard methodology.
* Coordinates, communicates and oversees general technical matters pertaining to suppliers, including understanding and optimizing component / material usage and up skilling suppliers to provide improved materials and services.
* Develops and executes Supplier Improvement Plans for Constant Care suppliers and supports SIPs for Critical Care suppliers.
* Provides efficient and effective solutions and Corrective Actions / Preventative Actions (CAPAs) to suppliers and / or site issue resolution, including Deviation Management, response to supplier audit issues, and customer complaints.
* Work with supplier personnel to make sure root causes are determined and corrective action is taken.
* Be an active member of the supplier's problem-solving team
* Working closely with internal manufacturing, you will provide assistance and provide advice on parts transferring externally.
* You will form strong links with our suppliers to ensure seamless product introduction and facilitate transition of parts within the supply base
* Your communication style, both oral and verbal, will allow you to promote Lean principals and allow you to train and develop suppliers in FMEA, Statistical methods and other quality tools in line with our DVI processes.
* You will maintain the DK6000 approved vendor database and other databases as required with the appropriate documented reports. You will also conduct any other duties requested which, are directly associated with the role.
* The ideal applicant will be HNC or graduate calibre and have an in-depth, working knowledge of Quality Management System implementation, ideally to recognized industry standards.
* Good engineering problem solving skills.
* You will be competent in the application of quality standards and procedure and have strong problem solving methods to support the business and supply base as appropriate.
* The ideal candidate will be an experienced Auditor, preferably as Lead Assessor level and you must hold a full driving licence and passport as overseas travel will be a prerequisite part of the role.
* Candidates can come from any sector.
Specificity of the job
You must hold a full driving licence and current passport and have a willingness to travel to all continents at short notice.
For more information please get in contact with Jamie Birch at Carbon60 on Applyor
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
- £ 0.00 - 0.00 Per year £ 0.00 - 0.00 Per year">
- Full time
Posted 9 Oct 2018
Closes 8 Nov 2018
This job was posted to: Quality control