Environmental Trials Engineer
- Matchtech - 18 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/matchtech/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/495a915e-026e-45c8-80ba-6aa3f2c167ca131100748083121978.png
Southend-on-Sea, Essex, England
Our client has an exciting opportunity to join a high performing team of multi-disciplinary engineers delivering critical test & evaluation of defence munitions through the application of vibration, shock, climatic & radiography test programs. You will be an integral part of the team at the Environmental Test Centre at MOD Shoeburyness.
You will work alongside the Trials Team Leaders, and help them supervise, develop, and deliver complex testing of high value assets. Assessing asset performance within the demanding environments that the systems will be subjected to throughout their operational life, simulating some of the most challenging environments in the world to ensure that the systems are ultimately safe and suitable for service.
The successful candidate will have the relevant knowledge and experience to conduct the environmental test program requirements against the customer specifications and UKAS quality manual. They will:
* Support the Trials Team Leads in the management and development of the capability in the Environmental Test Centre as required;
* Work with the team to design trials in accordance with customer requirements;
* Act as a technical point of contact to the planning office, providing solutions to complex customer requirements to ensure delivery of test programs against contracted milestones;
* Author working procedures, ensuring compliance with all safety legislation associated with the activities and take responsibilities to ensure adherence by team members;
* Actively seek out and capitalise on opportunities for continued improvement in the operations at ETC;
* Ensure safe systems of work are maintained at all times during environmental testing;
* Take responsibility for adherence to working procedures, ensuring compliance with all safety legislation associated with activities;
* Undertake tasks associated with conducting environmental testing of test assets, and supporting activities;
* Define and lead set-ups and conduct environmental test programs in accordance with the customer specifications;
* Review documentation, process data and report and conduct quality checks on work produced against customer specifications and compan standards before issue;
* Develop and deliver internal training programmes and provide supervision to develop other team members as required.
* Drive and determination to achieve goals and progress your experience and knowledge to develop your career.
* You must be able to work well as part of a team.
* Be flexible and adaptable to the many and varied challenges faced by this role.
* Good understanding of Quality Assurance, standards, and internal auditing.
* Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels, both internal and external, including customers, suppliers and other stakeholders.
* Strong diplomacy and negotiation skills to influence internal and external stakeholders.
* Results-focussed and high levels of responsibility and accountability.
* Methodical and Logical approach, conscientious.
* High level of IT competence.
* Must have driving license
* Subject to Security Clearances.
Experience & Qualifications
* Professional development in a technical or engineering subject; A degree in Science or Engineering, or an equivalent nationally recognised professional qualification is highly desirable;
* Has held a position of technical responsibility;
* A tangible track record of achievement demonstrating technical experience and innovation;
* Ability to encourage collaboration between team members and activities.
* Chartered Engineering Status;
* Knowledge of environmental engineering within the defence industry;
* Working knowledge of the Defence Standard, specifically 00-35.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
- £ 40000 - 45000 Per year £ 40000 - 45000 Per year">
- Full time
Posted 12 Aug 2018
Closes 11 Sep 2018
This job was posted to: Testing