Supplier Quality Engineer Materials
- Excel Technical Consulting - 75 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/excel-technical-consulting/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/480d42db-ce0f-4ec8-a16e-7dbb6df04fe3131371476597646346.png
We are looking for the right candidates to join the Supply Quality team .
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
• Supporting Customer globally in the development, qualification and auditing of existing and new raw material suppliers, forgers and casting companies both, in the UK and overseas
• Liaise closely with the Materials and Process Laboratory and the Material Validation Board (MVB) to recommend and qualify new material sources, manufacturing routes and introduction of new materials
• Provide the necessary information to maintain and update the DK6000 database for qualification /documentation and DVI requirements and status.
• Collect mechanical and chemical materials data from suppliers on a regular basis and use this data effectively to plot statistical conformity, identify 'trends' and monitor supplier performance.
• Work closely with the Materials and Process laboratory to carry out root cause analysis of material related problems, this includes material cut up requirements and, technical events.
• Understand and be willing to train and develop Suppliers in FMEA, Statistical Methods, Problem Solving using the 8D approach and other Quality tools to drive Continuous Improvement and to fulfil the DVI requirements imposed by Customer.
• Understand fully the FAI / DVI process and be able to participate in such reviews at the supplier's premises before forging or casting component despatch.
The ideal applicant will be HNC or graduate calibre and have an in-depth, working knowledge of Materials.
This is a full-time role and is based on a 37 hour week with a salary range of up to £ 45 ,000 +.
If you have the required experience for the role and would like to hear more then please contact us.
- Full time
Posted 11 Aug 2018
Closes 10 Sep 2018
This job was posted to: Quality control