Manager Pilot Training
- Etihad Airways - 7 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/etihad-airways/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/b6bffdf3-2048-45e9-a036-2f4ac0517be4131100745701791860.png
United Arab Emirates
Etihad Airways is an award winning, global aviation group and the National Carrier of the United Arab Emirates. Our goal is to be a truly 21st century global airline, challenging and changing the established conventions of airline retailing.
As part of that journey we are pleased to announce a thought-provoking opportunity to join as Manager Pilot Training. He/ She will be responsible for implementing the fleet training strategy, ensuring the standard of trainers is maintained, and is accountable for the delivery of pilot training for the fleet.The Manager Pilot Training achieves the goal of delivering consistent training via managing the instructors and examiners on the fleet.
- Supervising the operational training of Flight Crew on the applicable fleet
- In cooperation with the Manager Pilot Training Programs, act as subject matter expert in developing appropriate training courses and course material.
- Completion of training file reviews, where required for trainees on the applicable fleet, to ensure that these files are completed correctly and that trainee progress is satisfactory.
- Ensuring that the approved lesson plans are delivered as scripted, and according to the company standards, by the instructors and examiners on the fleet.
- Ensure all pilots meet the course entry requirements for training conducted on the applicable fleet.
- Monitoring the progress of trainees, in particular those subject to reports of progress problems.
- Ensuring that all training forms and progress reports are completed in accordance with Company and Regulatory requirements.
- Evaluating the results of all training modules, checks and certification tests, subsequently recommending modifications to course content that may be advisable and/or required.
- In cooperation with the Airbus/Boeing Training Manager, convening and documenting the Fleet Training Review process required in cases of trainee disruptions, in accordance with the procedures described in OM D, and ensuring that the necessary remedial training is planned and conducted in an effective fashion.
- Convening and documenting all interviews and follow-up action required in cases of sub-standard instructor or examiner performance, in accordance with the procedures described in OM D.
- In cooperation with the applicable training managers, ensuring all training material, devices, facilities and training aids used in delivering training on his fleet, are fit for purpose.
- Prepare and deliver appropriate presentations at regular instructor workshops.
- Maintain the minutes of instructor workshops.
- In cooperation with the Manager Airbus/Boeing Training, maintaining the Flight Crew Training Manual (FCTM) for his fleet.
- Responsible and accountable for identifying safety risks in accordance with the Etihad risk assessment process, and ensuring that adequate risk mitigation steps are appropriately implemented in order to assure safety within the workplace.
- Ensuring that quality procedures are established and implemented so that quality control and quality standards are strictly observed.
- Deputizing for other Managers of Pilot Training on other fleets and/or the Manager Airbus/Boeing Training.
- Other tasks as assigned by higher management in the Training & Standards department.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Be acceptable as an Examiner by the GCAA
- At least 3 years in a training/checking role
- Knowledge of the Company, IOSA and GCAA requirements for pilot training.
About Etihad Aviation Group
Headquartered in Abu Dhabi, the Etihad Aviation Group is a diversified global aviation and travel group with a business model driven by partnership and an innovative approach to growth. Etihad Aviation Group comprises five business divisions – Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates; Etihad Airways Engineering; Etihad Airport Services; Hala Group; and Airline Equity Partners. For more information, please visit: Apply.
About Etihad Airways
From its Abu Dhabi base, Etihad Airways flies to 100 international passenger and cargo destinations with its fleet of 115 Airbus and Boeing aircraft. Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, was established by Royal (Emiri) Decree in July 2003, and in 2017 carried 18.6 million passengers. For more information, please visit: Apply, follow ApplytihadAirways on Twitter and join Etihad Airways on Facebook.
- Full time
Posted 2 Aug 2018
Closes 1 Sep 2018
This job was posted to: Flight training