Application Manager Cargo Connectivity Systems (m/f)
- Lufthansa - 57 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/lufthansa/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/253c86a5-69a7-460d-887a-c091b0a3d853131305099052685562.png
We are currently looking for an Application Manager - Cargo Connectivity Systems to join the IT team at Lufthansa Cargo in Frankfurt at the earliest possible date.
Our mission and responsibility is to provide Lufthansa Cargo with highly reliable and efficient IT systems. We use customized, modern IT solutions and state-of-the-art tools to ensure that our Cargo business runs smoothly at all times.
Be part of our IT team and play a vital role in ensuring smooth cargo operations world-wide. As an Application Manager for Connectivity Systems for Lufthansa Cargo you are actively driving the permanent transformation of internal and external application interfaces towards a modern, high performance and open IT ecosystem for a world class player in the air freight industry.
Your tasks and responsibilities will be for:
- Responsibility of the Lufthansa Cargo Connectivity architecture (Cargo Messaging (CIMP, SITA, CXML), EDI, external APIs, Cloud connections, etc.) with special consideration of non-functional and technological, but also monetary aspects
- Documentation and evaluation of actual and medium to long-term target architectures in close coordination with other (IT) departments as well as the resulting continuous optimization and further development of the IT landscape in projects including steering of IT service providers
- Further development of operating concepts for high-availability connectivity
- Evaluation of technical change requests for relevance & impact on the responsible IT systems
- First contact person for application managers and IT project managers in the field of cargo handling for the creation of concrete solution designs for change requests or projects including migration and integration scenarios in the area of ??responsibility
- Constant global analysis of technologies and tools on the market as well as their evaluation regarding operational capability at Lufthansa Cargo. Special attention to the technological market development in the AirCargo market environment
- University degree in Business Informatics, Computer Science, Engineering or Business Administration with Informatics focus (bachelor required, master desirable)
- Familiar with Web Service Technology and respective middleware (e. g. Tibco Service Bus)
- Specific knowledge especially in the area of Cargo Messaging (Cargo IMP, Cargo XML) are of advantage
- Professional experience, desirably in logistic business processes and in methods and techniques of IT application management
- Experience in working on large-scale projects
- Fluent in English and German
- Work experience in logistics industry desirable
- Ability to think and act in a comprehensive and result-driven manner
- Convincing and assertive appearance
- Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- Dedication for both, working in teams as well as supervising colleagues
- Ability to plan, coordinate and make decisions
- Analytical and conceptual thinking
- Ability to recognize and assess economical correlations
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility and a high level of personal initiative
- High level of resilience
- Willingness to travel
About Lufthansa Cargo AG
Lufthansa Cargo Aktiengesellschaft, headquartered in Frankfurt am Main, Germany, is a subsidiary of Deutsche Lufthansa Aktiengesellschaft. Lufthansa Cargo ranks among the world's leading air freight carriers and currently employs about 4,150 people worldwide. Lufthansa Cargo focuses on the airport-to-airport business. The cargo carrier serves around 300 destinations in more than 100 countries with its own fleet of freighters, the belly capacities of passenger aircraft operated by the Lufthansa Group and an extensive road feeder service network. The bulk of the cargo volume is routed through Frankfurt Airport.
Please apply via Be- Apply under the job number P0050V1223
If this is you, please apply online.
- Full time
Posted 30 Jul 2018
Closes 29 Aug 2018
This job was posted to: Freight