Outside Sales Representative (M/F)
- Lufthansa - 80 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/lufthansa/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/253c86a5-69a7-460d-887a-c091b0a3d853131305099052685562.png
The Outside Sales Representative is responsible for opportunity management and sales visits in coordination with Inside Sales and Commercial Manager. She/he performs structured sales visits and opportunity acquisition in coordination with Inside Sales. Outside Sales and Inside Sales Representatives work together in assigned teams to serve specific customers. Sales and Inside Sales Representatives form a Sales Tandem Teams with the aim to serve customers on local and regional levels.
Within the operational targets set by the Head of Sales and Handling (F/GC) or the Team Leader Outside Sales, the Outside Sales Representative performs the following duties:
Sales and Relationship Management
- Achieves sales budget targets jointly with Inside Sales tandem partner(s).
- Identifies and manages opportunities with existing customers with the intention to negotiate new profitable business focused on long-term or regular business.
- Acquires new customers, searches for new business and with the help of Lufthansa Cargo AG sales tools (for example opportunity management functionalities within "easy Sales").
- Performs market and single customer analysis and develops targets and action plans using customer relationship history and internal reports and tools (My Offer).
- Organizes sales visits including presentations to customers, with the aim market the Lufthansa Cargo AG product and service portfolio.
- Performs a timely up-date of all relevant information in "easy Sales" (visit reports, customer reference data, opportunities).
- Actively pushes the eChannel usage of the Sales Tandem Team's customer base.
- Implements or modifies agreements, and at the same time securing a smooth processing procedure in co-operation with the Sales Steerer, the Inside Sales Representative and the Long Term Contract (for example request for set-up of Long Term Contract (Long Term Contract), cancellation of Long Term Contract).
- (Re-)Negotiates special rate agreements, Long Term Contract, MPA level 2 and other incentive agreements including terms of contracts in cooperation with the Sales Steerer, mindful of market developments and of customer's performance follow-ups within the existing agreement.
- Develops and sells customer oriented logistic solutions in collaboration with the Handling department and in close co-operation with the respective Inside Sales Representative.
- Actively shares information about activities, offers, strengths and weaknesses of market participants with Commercial Manager, Inside Sales and Manager.
- Actively provides the Key Account Management Team with relevant market data, development of local customer strategy with input and cooperation from KAM (Key Account Management).
- Checks the automatic Customer segmentation and administers correction within easySales if necessary.
- Acts as "touch point": a) receives and transfers complaints and claims to Area Customer Solutions Team or the Central Claims department respectively, using the appropriate Outlook templates. Promotes the usage of eClaims. b) Receives and transfers any and all questions about irregularities to the Area CST (Customer Service Team).
- Pays Special Customer Visits accompanied by Inside Sales Representative in order to demonstrate a joint effort to the customer and thus to increase customer loyalty.
- Organizes and implements customer events, involves Inside Sales Representative or other colleagues if necessary.
- Fully supports the quality system and use its tools.
- Performs all other duties as assigned or delegated by supervisors.
(Local market-specific responsibilities)
- Focus on promoting Special Products
- High school diploma/GED required
- Bachelor desirable:
- High school diploma. Broad knowledge of Lufthansa Cargo AG product, Lufthansa organization with understanding of the respective area
- Professional experience: 5 years previous cargo experience, preferred sales experience or in a related area, such as in the transport and logistics industry.
- Language: English required, German desirable.
- Expert knowledge :A1, MS Office applications, Knowledge of Lufthansa Cargo AG EDP systems.
- IT Knowledge: advanced IT knowledge, preferably including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Knowledge of all relevant Lufthansa Cargo systems, iPAD
- Must possess permit to work in the U.S.
- Willingness for assessment screening
- Willingness to travel
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- Full time
Posted 28 Jul 2018
Closes 27 Aug 2018
This job was posted to: Airline sales