- Matchtech - 18 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/matchtech/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/495a915e-026e-45c8-80ba-6aa3f2c167ca131100748083121978.png
Lymington, Hampshire, England
SCOPE AND PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To co-ordinate, support and advise the Business on all aspects with regards to Health & Safety and Environmental compliance.
To establish, manage and monitor standards, processes, communications, training and systems to ensure all responsibilities associated with Health & Safety and Environmental compliance are adhered to.
To liaise with the Group HSE representatives to ensure local strategy and activities are aligned with Group expectations for HSE.
To actively participate in the sharing of information and best practice across Group sites.
Duties and responsibilities
* Ensure a safe workplace environment without risk to health.
* Ensure that all Health & Safety policies, procedures, rules and regulations are adhered to and are regularly reviewed, updated and communicated.
* Ensure all Environmental Management procedures, rules and regulations are adhered to and are regularly reviewed, updated and communicated and maintain the Environmental Management System Apply certification
* Ensure the Company meets its statutory obligations in all areas pertaining to health, safety and welfare at work, including statutory training and reporting.
* Ensure the completion and regular review of risk assessments for all work equipment and operations.
* Ensure that all accidents are documented, investigated and recommended improvements implemented.
* Maintain the accident and 'near miss' database and prepare reports for Health and Safety Committee and Group, using statistical and other analytical tools. Inform the Health and Safety Executive of accidents or incidents that require notification.
* Ensure that safety inspections are carried out, fire drills and fire alarms are correctly reported, safety inspections, risk assessments and lone working procedures are managed and employees are aware of their responsibilities.
* Co-ordinate the development of Health & Safety policies, systems of work and procedures.
* Ensure full and accurate health and safety and training records are maintained.
* Establish a full programme of documented Health & Safety inspections, audits and checks.
* Establish a structured programme of Health & Safety training throughout the Company and liaise with external Health & Safety consultants in the provision of training programmes and health and safety services.
* Manage and devise the agenda for, chair and formulate & distribute minutes for the Health & Safety Committee meetings. Ensure that all agreed action points are completed within deadlines.
* Keep up to date with all aspects of relevant HSE legislation and communicate relevant changes to the business.
* Provide regular reports to the Senior Management Team on relevant HSE.
* Participate in monthly meetings when required to report on relevant HSE.
* To have good all-round knowledge of the European and UK legislative system, including the ability to read and interpret Acts of parliament, Regulations, Approved Codes of Practice and Guidance notes.
* To have a sound understanding of the principles of risk assessment techniques and how they are to be applied in this environment.
* To have a sound understanding of the HSE's 'Managing for health and safety' (HSG65) system and the process of implementation.
* To have strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and have the confidence and ability to present to groups from all disciplines and levels.
* Possess the necessary interpersonal skills that will enable engagement with all levels of the business.
* To be able to take the initiative and where appropriate to work with the minimum of supervision.
* To be able to apply reason and persuasion, when needed, in order to promote action and implement change.
* Self-motivated with excellent analytical, organisational, report writing and problem solving skills
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
- £ 45000 - 50000 Per year £ 45000 - 50000 Per year">
- Full time
Posted 23 Jul 2018
Closes 22 Aug 2018
This job was posted to: Testing