Mechanical Assembler 6 month Fixed Term
- Matchtech - 18 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/matchtech/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/495a915e-026e-45c8-80ba-6aa3f2c167ca131100748083121978.png
Abingdon, Oxfordshire, England
Job Role/ Purpose
The post holder will operate primarily in support of the Brazing / Materials Technologist undertaking a range of technical tasks focussing on the preparation of assemblies for vacuum brazing. The role addresses the requirement for careful identification of component parts and a methodical and neat approach to the assembly and preparation, for processing, of a range of delicate and technically complex assemblies.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
* To demonstrate excellent custodianship of components and technical assemblies, some of which may belong to third party clients
* To follow technical procedures and instructions delegated by the Brazing/Materials Technologist
* To provide timely communication to supervisory staff in respect of the progress of delegated tasks, technical issues likely to affect progress and identified possibilities for improvement
* To acquire relevant knowledge relating to braze preparation methods, most of which are likely to be novel, and also covering furnace system technology, materials and technology associated with the evaluation of process effectiveness
* To undertake the assembly of components, including the intricate placement of braze alloy media, in readiness for furnace processing
* To keep simple but accurate records of stock usage and to advise where material shortages may arise
* A degree/HND level qualification or equivalent in an engineering discipline
Knowledge and Experience
* Experience of operating in an engineering field is desirable, along with any other employment that demonstrates the application of good organisational and professional skills
* It is important to be able to demonstrate good interpersonal skills and to show how, in any employment, successful interaction with a range of individuals has been a prerequisite to sound performance
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
- £ 26000 - 26000 Per year £ 26000 - 26000 Per year">
- Full time
Posted 23 Jul 2018
Closes 22 Aug 2018
This job was posted to: Tooling