Lead Propulsion Engineer
- Etihad Airways - 14 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/etihad-airways/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/b6bffdf3-2048-45e9-a036-2f4ac0517be4131100745701791860.png
United Arab Emirates
Let your career take off with the World’s Leading Airline, Etihad Airways. Work in the forefront of the aviation industry, with the airline that has reimagined the flying experience through its pioneering products and services.
We are pleased to announce an incredibly exciting opportunity to join the Etihad Airways Fleet Engineering team.
As Lead Propulsion Engineer, you will add immediate value by providing engineering support to the operation and maintenance of the Etihad engine fleet and ensuring compliance with all mandatory requirements from the OEM, Airworthiness Authorities and Etihad Aircraft Maintenance Program to meet the GCAA CAR M & CAR- Ops 1 requirements.
- Ensure cost effective engineering technical support to the operation and maintenance of the Etihad engine fleet (Trent 700, V2500, CFM56, GE90, GEnx and GP7200 as applicable).
- Provide program management of outsourced maintenance and engineering activities. Liaise with Engine, APU and component OEMs and other service providers.
- Coordinate the investigation of in service events, evaluate reliability data perform root cause analysis and develop corrective action plans and implement corrective action programs with the aim of improving engine/ APU and related component reliability.
- Assess engine/ APU and component Service Bulletins, Airworthiness Directives to ensure that all mandatory modifications are properly assessed, decided and all related Engineering Orders and or ADRs are issued.
- Manage engine/APU and component modification standards, specifications and implementation. Review and approve engine work-scopes with maintenance providers.
- Manage engine shop visits, lease returns, engine removal plans and spare availability.
- Provide troubleshooting assistance to Maintenance Control Centre (MCC) when required.
- Review of Engine Health Monitoring Reports and alerts to determine and issue instructions to carry out necessary corrective action.
- Assist other departments including Maintenance, Fleet Planning, Warranty, Contracts and Quality with Propulsion related issues.
- Produce business cases and reports for capital expenditure and modification programs.
- Manage and participate in special projects as required by management and assist with continuous improvement of technical procedures.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Tertiary qualifications that meet the eligibility requirements for membership as a charted engineer (e.g. Bachelor degree in the field of Aeronautical, Mechanical Engineering) Or ICAO Type II AME Licence holder with Approvals.
- Minimum 5 years in service technical support of aircraft engines (at least two of Etihad’s types).
- Policies and Procedures
Follow all relevant policies, processes and procedures so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
- Day-to-Day Operations
Supervise standard and complex day-to-day operations to ensure that work processes are implemented as designed and in compliance with established standards and procedures
- Safety, Quality & Environment
Comply with all relevant safety, security, quality, health and environmental procedures to ensure a healthy and safe work environment
- Communication Skills - Excellent
- Analytical Skills - Excellent
- Leadership Skills - Proficient
- Relationship & Management Skills - Excellent
About Etihad Aviation Group
Headquartered in Abu Dhabi, the Etihad Aviation Group is a diversified global aviation and travel group with a business model driven by partnership and an innovative approach to growth. Etihad Aviation Group comprises five business divisions – Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates; Etihad Airways Engineering; Etihad Airport Services; Hala Group; and Airline Equity Partners. For more information, please visit: Apply.
About Etihad Airways
From its Abu Dhabi base, Etihad Airways flies to 100 international passenger and cargo destinations with its fleet of 115 Airbus and Boeing aircraft. Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, was established by Royal (Emiri) Decree in July 2003, and in 2017 carried 18.6 million passengers. For more information, please visit: Apply, follow ApplytihadAirways on Twitter and join Etihad Airways on Facebook.
- Full time
- ICAO Licensed
Posted 13 Jul 2018
Closes 12 Aug 2018
This job was posted to: Project manager