Station Service Coordinator (M/F)
- Lufthansa - 108 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/lufthansa/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/253c86a5-69a7-460d-887a-c091b0a3d853131305099052685562.png
Coordination of Lufthansa and handling staff, flight operations and passenger services during all phases of flight activities.
- Responsible to coordinate all passenger service activities for Lufthansa, and Lufthansa customer Airlines (AC, KG, SY, Y4, AM, 7Q, FI): this includes flight handling preparation, supervise check in activities, coordinate the handling of irregularities (for example, rebooking, rerouting, and ordering of meal vouchers and/or hotel accommodations).
- Responsible to ensure that all work-procedures as directed by Duty Manager and TAC are applied. This includes, all phases of aircraft handling, catering, cleaning, punctuality-stats embarkation/disembarkation.
- Functional supervision for all handling staff Lufthansa and Other Airline
- Fully responsible for the VDB/DBC process when a flight is overbooked for Lufthansa/Other Airline.
- During Irregular operations implement checklist and liaison with YPQ.
- Preparation/coordination of the daily staff duty roster, including assignment of handling agent staff.
- Responsible to initiate and supervise proper procedures concerning customer-handling (for example, HON service, Hotel, transportation, Meal, and compliance with EU 261 regulation).
- Ensure accuracy of all statistical data recorded daily (for example, Denied Boarding Compensation, Passenger Boarding, and PEV Sales).
- Responsible to monitor waiting times at check-in, competence and friendliness of staff. Report any deficiencies to the DM.
- Responsible to monitor catering and adjust orders while ensuring catering is optimized to avoid extra expenses associated with over-catering.
- Ensure adequate work flow and assignments of handling agent staff, based on qualifications
- Foster a professional and respectful working environment within the team.
- Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned based on qualifications and operational requirements.
- Implement procedural changes of Lufthansa/Other Airline.
- Initial point of contact for resolving passenger issues.
- Assist, support, promote and execute change.
- High school diploma/GED desirable.
- College degree/vocational training: Bachelor desirable.
- Professional experience required: Minimum of 2 years airline experience in flight handling, passenger services and/or flight operations.
- Language: English required, German desirable.
- Industry knowledge required: Airline experience and/or Lufthansa experience and knowledge of organization, excellent technical skills.
- Expert knowledge: Successful completion of all Lufthansa Passenger Service training courses (basic ticketing, Lost and Found).
- IT Knowledge as user: MS Office and standard Lufthansa applications.
- Must possess permit to work in the U.S.
- Willingness to travel
- Must be willing to work shifts/overtime
- Must be willing to work under constant time pressure
- Must be willing to work under high stress levels
- Be able to lift up to 70 lbs
- Must be willing to work outdoor weather conditions
- Must be willing to work with noise pollution
- In accordance with rules, regulations, and given authorities.
- May approve shift change requests and authorize/require overtime.
- Check incoming invoices for accuracy and sign as delegated.
- Use of company vehicle on airport ramp as authorized by local airport authorities (permit may be required).
*Cover Letter required.
About Deutsche Lufthansa AG
Deutsche Lufthansa AG is an aviation company with operations worldwide. In the financial year 2017, it generated revenue of EUR 35.6bn and employed an average of 128,856 staff. Deutsche Lufthansa AG is organized in the business segments Network Airlines, Point-to-Point Airlines, Aviation Services (comprising the segments Logistics, MRO and Catering), and Additional Businesses and Group Functions.
Please apply via Be- Apply under the job number P0452V334
If this is you, please apply online.
- Full time
Posted 11 Jul 2018
Closes 10 Aug 2018
This job was posted to: Airline manager