Mechanical Technician - Satellites
- Carbon60 - 44 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/carbon60/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/9d8710ac-623f-49a3-b617-4f902d43d1cf131100744477221974.png
Stevenage, Hertfordshire, England
Job Title: Mechanical Technician - Satellites
Location: Stevenage, Hertfordshire
Duration: 6 months
Are you a Mechanical Technician with experience working within the Space, Defence or Aerospace sector? Have you supported production control and/or shop floor engineering? If yes, one of the global leaders in satellite manufacturing will want to see your CV!
Please read on and apply below:
· Working as a member of an AIT Operations team to consistently produce items which conform to all quality requirements in accordance with the production plan.
· Work to the required process standard as dictated by the relevant area skills matrix. To mentor when required with certain products, activities.
· Ability to read and work to shop floor documentation such as routings, drawing, work instructions and bills of material.
· Responsible for the completion of all paperwork relating to the operations undertaken, including traceability stamps and recording any other additional information as required.
· Responsible for working to and complying with standard processes, specific area requirements and health and safety requirements (COSHH ).
· From time to time you may be asked to work off site; this may be in UK or abroad.
· To play an active part in 5S, lean production and continuous improvement activities.
· Time served apprentice with proven production record.
· Working in a team environment.
· Produce a consistent, high quality product in line with production paperwork.
· Certified as competent in the required skills as dedicated by the area skills matrix, various bonding including (epoxy, paste, Silicon), riveting, wire thread inserts, panel repair, torqueing, working at height and in confined spaces, fine limit small assemblies.
· Undertake production activities in the required timescale in line with the production plan.
· Work alongside production control, shop floor engineering and inspection.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
- £ 0.00 - 0.00 Per year £ 0.00 - 0.00 Per year">
- Full time
Posted 11 Jul 2018
Closes 10 Aug 2018
This job was posted to: Avionics engineer