Mechanical Technician - Mechanisms
- Carbon60 - 44 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/carbon60/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/9d8710ac-623f-49a3-b617-4f902d43d1cf131100744477221974.png
Stevenage, Hertfordshire, England
Job Title: Mechanical Technician - Mechanisms
Location: Stevenage, Hertfordshire
Duration: 12 months
Are you an accomplished Mechanical Technician with experience working within the Defence, Space or Aerospace sectors? Do you have a familiarity with shop documentation such as BOMs and technical drawings? If yes, our client - one of the world leaders of space products - will want to see your CV!
This role is for a competent Mechanical technician to work within the Mechanisms team to:
- Deliver spacecraft critical components on quality, on cost and on time
- Produce a consistent high quality product in line with production paperwork
- Be certified as competent in the required skills as dedicated by the area skills matrix
- Undertake production activities in the required timescale in line with the production plan.
Products include SADMs (Solar Array Deployment Mechanisms), ADTMs (Antenna Deployment and Trim Mechanisms) and Cryogenic Coolers.
· Working as part of the AIT team on spacecraft critical mechanisms products. To consistently produce items which conform to all quality requirements in accordance with the production plan.
· Work to the required process standard as dictated by the relevant area skills matrix.
· Ability to read and work to shop floor documentation such as routings, drawing, work instructions and bills of material.
· Responsible for the completion of all paperwork relating to the operations undertaken, including traceability stamps and recording any other additional information as required.
· Responsible for working to and complying with standard processes and health and safety requirements.
· From time to time you may be asked to work off site, this may be in UK or abroad.
· To play an activate part in continuous improvement activities.
Job / technical knowledge:
Familiarity with shop documentation such as drawing, work instructions and bill of materials to standard processes and procedures will be an advantage. All applicants will be required to work as a part of a flexible, motivated team working to tight schedules and meeting deadlines.
Having worked within a Space company is a plus, understanding the criticality of the products being assembled and tested, and a right first time attitude.
Required qualification level:
GCSEs - Maths and English or equivalent.
The candidate will have electrical experience.
The mechanism products are high precision components and with that comes a demanding build phase. Its essential that the successful applicant will be able to cope with this type of environment and show great attention to detail and high levels of concentration.
Externally accredited skills.
Time Served Craft Electrical Apprenticeship.
Please note: The department is not currently working to a shift a pattern but the successful candidate may be required to work shifts at peak times. All candidates must be happy and willing to work Double Day shifts (06:00 to 14:00 or 14:00 to 22:00, to rotate every other week).
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
- £ 0.00 - 0.00 Per year £ 0.00 - 0.00 Per year">
- Full time
Posted 11 Jul 2018
Closes 10 Aug 2018
This job was posted to: Avionics engineer