Senior Lead Technician (HGV/Heavy Plant Mechanic)
- Swissport International Ltd - 29 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/swissport-international-ltd/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/5413f867-a31b-48b1-ac21-d6783528bd86131303290640978348.png
Birmingham, West Midlands, England
Please note that this position is permanent, full time (37.5 hours per week) and offers a competitive salary of £ 16.1538 per hour. There is potential earnings of up to £33,000 per annum with overtime and callout rates.
Our Workshop teams are pivotal in enabling Operations to deliver safe and consistently reliable customer service. With a varied fleet our Technicians are responsible for maintaining, diagnosing and repairing our vehicles and specialised Ground Support Equipment to the highest of standards. Working as part of team you will ensure asset up time is maximised and equipment is maintained in accordance with Swissport's stringent standards. A sound knowledge of equipment based hydraulic and electrical systems would be advantageous in this position, with the ability to work well under pressure, with minimal supervision and make decisions regarding equipment is essential. Shift work and overtime will be required. We offer a competitive remuneration package and generous benefits.
- To assist the workshop supervisor to manage the fleet workshops in accordance with Health & Safety regulations, assist in compilation and development of Risk Assessments and Safe Systems of Work.
- To ensure that all staff are aware of and adhere to the relevant risk management standards.
- To deputise for the workshop supervisor in their absence.
- To ensure that contractors working in premises or on vehicles on behalf of Swissport or otherwise are aware of and adhere to the relevant risk management standards.
- To ensure safe systems of work are implemented in all aspects of workshop activity.
- To maintain an efficient maintenance organization, assist workshop supervisor to manage the workshop and staff ensuring effective maintenance and repair facilities for all vehicles/equipment under the designated area of responsibility.
- To assist the workshop supervisor with the line management local staff in the workshop environment, ensuring Swissport procedures and regulatory compliance of the fleet is adhered to at all times.
- Act as subject matter expert for technical fault finding and complex component repair, providing support and mentoring to technicians and semi-skilled staff.
- Responsibility for ensuring that service delivery is provided to the operation and others within the area and to ensure that vehicles and equipment are available to enable a 24 hour per day operational function, 365 day a year.
- To manage and update the 'Fleet Management' system in line with Swissport procedures.
- To deliver performance in line with workshop KPI's constantly looking to drive improvement in all areas of workshop delivery
- Responsible for all aspects of repair and maintenance of Swissport vehicles/equipment and allocated equipment, including deployment and management of all workshop and administration staff within the designated area of responsibility.
- To communicate and maintain a professional and effective working relationship with colleagues and customers.
- Ensure item disposal is carried out in accordance with Swissport disposal procedures.
- Maintain a standard of cleanliness of the workshop environment and to report any building or equipment defects to the Workshop/Regional Manager immediately in line with 6S Audits.
- Attend courses and undertake training and development activ
Qualifications & Competencies
- Experience supervising a team of technicians in a busy workshop environment.
- In possession of at least three GCSE's / O Level or Leaving Cert (and equivalent).
- Strong computer systems and applications Skills (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- A good level of mechanical/electrical/hydraulic engineering experience is required.
- Technical Apprenticeship to NVQ Level 3 or equivalent.
- At least 7 years' post apprenticeship experience in HGV/Heavy Plant/Construction equipment.
- Be able to demonstrate an advanced level of diagnostic/trouble shooting ability experience.
- Strong degree of autonomy, take the initiative and work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to set priorities and re-prioritise as needed.
- Flexible to work on various shifts (days, evening, weekends, and public holidays).
- Ability to be available on-call on a rotating shift basis.
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to travel to and from work at times where public transport is not available.
- Ability to follow Swissport processes and procedures.
- Willingness to work in inclement weather.
- Physically fit, able to work in a manual environment and repeatedly lift to 25kg throughout a shift.
- Able to work as a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong work ethic with a can-do attitude.
- A full valid UK driving licence and ideally a Forklift Operators Licence.
- Previous experien
- Full time
Posted 7 Jul 2018
Closes 6 Aug 2018
This job was posted to: Aircraft mechanic