Turnaround Coordinator (M/F)
- Lufthansa - 69 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/lufthansa/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/253c86a5-69a7-460d-887a-c091b0a3d853131305099052685562.png
The Turnaround Coordinator is responsible for the economic, punctual and safe planning and execution of the various aircraft handling processes during the aircraft ground time. This includes the optimization of processes and procedures.
He or she remains at the aircraft during the entire ground time and coordinates all processes in all areas of responsibility which may arise during the course of aircraft handling, as locally defined.
He or she steers and controls the work routines with internal and external parties, incl. crews, and keeps track of vendors' performance.
The parameters for this are agreed with the Station Manager or are derived from the appropriate rules and regulations.
- Responsible for coordinating Weight and Balance documentation with Lufthansa Global Load Control.
- Maintain daily trip files and station traffic report as well as all aircraft-handling related statistical data.
- Supervision of ramp functions.
- Operational safety/load security checks on aircraft prior to departure, which also includes the coordination of all operational activities during irregularities.
- Coordination of all phases of aircraft handling, including catering, cleaning, fueling, crew and passenger boarding/de-boarding.
- Supervision of handling agents during all phases of aircraft loading/unloading, including checking on correct build-up/preparation of cargo-destined for bulk loading or in unit load devices.
- Ensure all cargo or luggage is properly tied down or secured in the compartments.
- Responsible to keep track of the number of passengers, pieces of luggage and the amount of fuel.
- Work very closely with ramp personnel and the airport station manager or deputy.
- Close coordination with gate, steering of boarding and de-boarding related passenger service processes.
- Secure the proper handling of Bagscan.
- Provide daily monitoring report to the Manager about handling performance, document delays and reasons.
- Responsible for Left Behind Baggage Index control.
- Ensure implementation of new procedures, processes or product features and enhancements.
- Plan for and ensure that irregularities are always handled in accordance with customer, economic and legal considerations.
- Report any flight handling irregularities to Lufthansa management as locally defined.
- Support the development and modification of processes and procedures with the aim of improving quality, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Be able to support or trouble shoot all station related processes.
Quality and Provider Management
- Ensure awareness for and achievement of all aircraft handling relevant quality targets/Key Performance Indicators and initiate corrective actions if deviations occur.
- Ensure that service level agreements are adhered to by all providers.
- Ensure and foster required quality awareness throughout daily operation.
- Ensure proper training for all team members relevant to their individual tasks.
- Strive for consistent quality and service improvements.
- Provide timely and systematic feedback to the service providers.
- Coordinate the activities of service providers to ensure smooth operations, i.e caterers, aircraft loaders, cabin cleaning personnel, security, Global Load Control.
- Responsible for specified resource planning up to given limits (for example, flight schedule changes).
- Actively support passenger service related processes when called upon.
- Ad hoc liaison with Federal, State and Local authorities and airport operators in regards to regulations and/or practices directly effecting day-to-day operations.
- Liaison with Federal, State and Local authorities and airport operators in regards to regulations.
- Maintain regular communication and feedback with Lufthansa management about all handling aspects as locally defined.
- Maintain all manuals and local instructions and keep them up to date.
- Ensure that all aspects of the ground handling operation are in accordance at all times with:
- Safety regulations.
- Security regulations.
- Legal regulations.
- Performance and proper documentation of checks performed under the station operations surveillance concept.
- Ensure a cost efficient ground handling operation without any compromise to safety standards.
- Motivate and encourage service providers to strive for superior quality.
- Ensure th
- Full time
Posted 11 Jun 2018
Closes 11 Jul 2018
This job was posted to: Airline manager