Sales Representative (M/F)
- Lufthansa - 37 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/lufthansa/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/253c86a5-69a7-460d-887a-c091b0a3d853131305099052685562.png
The Sales Representative is responsible for spot quotations and making proactive sales as well as for managing allocations and bookings. He furthermore is in charge of opportunity management and sales visits in coordination with Manager Sales and Handling or Manager Sales. She or he performs customer retention and promotes the Lufthansa Cargo AG eServices.
Within the operational targets set by the Head of Sales and Handling, the local Manager Sales and Handling or local Manager Sales and/or the Team Leader Insides Sales, the Sales Representative performs the following duties:
Sales and Relationship Management
- Achieves sales budget targets for assigned accounts.
- Creates rate offers, with and without guarantee of transportation.
- Enters into transportation agreements with customers.
- Identifies and manages opportunities with existing customers with the goal to negotiate new profitable business focused on long-term or regular business.
- Acquires new customers and searches for new business with the help of Lufthansa Cargo AG sales tools and external sources of information.
- Performs market and single customer analysis and develops targets and action plans using customer relationship information and internal reports in cooperation with Commercial Team.
- Organizes and performs sales visits including presentations to customers with the aim to market the Lufthansa Cargo AG product and service portfolio.
- Organizes customer events.
- Maintains customer data and captures sales activities in the CRM tool.
- Actively pushes the eChannel usage and promotes eAWB.
- Manages capacity agreements such as Long Term Contracts in co-operation with Revenue Management as described in the Sales Rule Book and performs Long Term Contract bookings.
- (Re-)Negotiates special rate agreements and Long Term Contracts as per Sales Rule Book considering market developments and customer's performance.
- Develops and sells customer oriented logistic solutions in collaboration with the Handling department.
- Shares information about activities, offers, strengths and weaknesses of his customers with Commercial Manager, Sales (and Handling) Manager and Key Account Management.
- Actively supports the local Customer Segmentation process.
- Processes customer requests and performs bookings as per the booking process and the Cargo Booking Manual
- Books standard and special products which include Other Airline or Joint Venture segments and conducts a loadability and profitability check before offering a rate.
- Makes quotations for ad hoc pricing requests following the rules of Target Pricing and considering profitability, the customer's willingness to pay and upselling potential.
- Receives charter requests, forwards it to the Network-on-Demand team and follows-up.
- Arranges ex-works pick-ups.
- Actively pushes the eChannel usage and follows up Spot Quotes.
- Acts (together with the Corporate Solutions and Technologies) as touch point for claims and complaints towards the customer and forwards the requests to the respective departments (Corporate Solutions and Technologies , Claims and or accounting) and, at the same time, promotes the usage. of eClaims/Complaints to the customers to submit their claims.
- Participates in local sales events.
- Performs all other duties assigned or delegated by supervisors.
- High school diploma/GED required.
- College degree/vocational training: Bachelor desirable.
- Professional experience required: 2-3 years previous cargo experience, preferred sales experience or in a related area such as in the transport and logistics industry.
- Language: English required, German desirable.
- Industry knowledge required: Airfreight, Logistics, Transportation, Sales.
- Expert knowledge required.
- Advanced Information Technology knowledge, preferably including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Knowledge of all relevant Lufthansa Cargo systems.
- In accordance with rules and regulations, and given authorities.
About Lufthansa Cargo AG
Lufthansa Cargo Aktiengesellschaft, headquartered in Frankfurt am Main, Germany, is a subsidiary of Deutsche Lufthansa Aktiengesellschaft. Lufthansa Cargo ranks among the world's leading air freight carriers and currently employs about 4,150 people worldwide. Lufthansa Cargo focuses on the airport-to-airport business. The cargo carrier serves around 300 destinations in more than 100 countries with its own fleet of freighters, the belly capacities of passenger aircraft operated by
- Full time
Posted 8 Jun 2018
Closes 8 Jul 2018
This job was posted to: Airline sales