Senior Stress Engineer
- Carbon60 - 50 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/carbon60/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/9d8710ac-623f-49a3-b617-4f902d43d1cf131100744477221974.png
Senior Stress Engineer to conduct stress analysis for an Aerospace Company based in Gloucestershire, with a competitive salary. You will be involved in writing / designing Stress reports without supervision and identify and author Stress analysis work packages for completion by approved outsourced teams.
You previous involvement of conducting fatigue analysis and Knowledge of ABAQUS and Catia as well as other recognised FEA and fatigue software tools. You will be able to complete static Hand calculations competently.
Responsibilities of a Lead Stress Engineer
· Structural mechanics -
· General Static stress analysis - Carry out hand stress analysis on various structural components:
· FE Analysis
· Fatigue Analysis. We use both in house tools and commercial product nCode
· Working with designers
· Capable of reading and interpreting drawings and CAD data
· Materials -Understanding of material in respect of stress analysis
· Understanding of material engineering properties
· Understanding of working to regulatory requirements.
Ideally we would like candidates with Landing gear experience this is not essential and typically the candidates could come from the following industries:
· Aerospace - Hydro-mechanical systems, Mechanical, Actuators, Engines etc.
· Automotive - Mechanical, gear boxes, drive trains, suspensions.
· Power - Nuclear energy, power stations etc.
· We are looking for a candidate that possesses strong stress analysis experience gained over several years able to work autonomously with little supervision in this role.
· Proven experience in analysing and reporting on Landing Gear structural design packages as well as Test programme correlation experience within the Aerospace industry.
· Previous Stress signatory experience is not mandatory but would be advantageous to internal development.
· A minimum of a B.Sc Degree in a relevant subject is required for this role; the ideal candidate will have an M.Sc gained with a relevant thesis.
If you are committed to deliver products on schedule, have very strong communication skills and would like the opportunity to work as a Senior Stress Engineer apply now.
For more information and a confidential discussion, please call Denise Simao on Applyor send your CV
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
- £ 0.00 - 0.00 Per year £ 0.00 - 0.00 Per year">
- Full time
Posted 1 Jun 2018
Closes 1 Jul 2018
This job was posted to: Design engineer