B787 Captain Ethiopian Airlines
- AeroPersonnel Global - 25 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/aeropersonnel-global/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/209e65fb-9d6f-4262-9d3c-cb44f40898f9131100737075282007.png
Boeing B787 Captain
Ethiopian Airlines requires for immediate and upcoming employment Boeing B787 Captains. Candidates will be cross-qualified on the B777.
Ethiopian offers long term employment (up to age 65) for pilots above the age 55. It offers an opportunity to fly topnotch ultra modern aircraft.
Ethiopian Airlines is the leading African airline. It is one of the largest airlines of the Continent. A member of the Star Alliance, the airline is fully owned by the Ethiopian Government.
The airline based in the city of Addis Ababa, the capital of Ethiopia. According to Wikipedia, it is recognized as one of the most reliable and profitable airlines of the Third World. . Ethiopian Airlines is the most profitable airline in Africa and one of the most profitable airlines in the world.
Ethiopian Airlines has made Addis Ababa a major gateway linking Europe to Africa and Asia. As of November 2017, the airline serves 102 international and 20 domestic passenger destinations and 44 cargo destinations. Its network includes destinations in Africa, Europe and North and South America, the Middle East and Asia.
Ethiopian serves more destinations in Africa than any other airline. The carrier's five densest routes are Addis Ababa–Dubai, Addis Ababa–Johannesburg, Addis Ababa–Guangzhou, Addis Ababa–Nairobi and Addis Ababa–Beijing.
The airline operates an ultra modern fleet of aircraft. Its fleet encompasses seven A350 (with seventeen A350 on order), twenty four B737 NG (with thirty B737 MAX 8 on order), six B767, ten B777 (with four more on order,) twenty one B787 (with six more on order) and finally twenty Dash 8 Q400 (with three more on order).
It also operates a modest cargo fleet counting eight aircraft, a mix of two B757, six B777 and it has two B737-800SF on order.
Remuneration and Benefit Package
Before tax remuneration is presented to make it easier to compare remuneration levels with before tax home remuneration.
An all in package equivalent to 259,100 US$ before tax per year
Before tax remuneration is based on after tax package (averaged over 3 years) of 168,400 US$ per year at a taxation rate of 35 %. The net of tax package encompasses the following:
A monthly remuneration package, including lodging allowance and bonuses, averaging 14,000 US $ net of taxes as follows:
- 9,000 US $ monthly base remuneration • 60 US$ per diem for days on duty (estimated at an average of 20 days per month)
- A loyalty bonus equal to 10 % of monthly base remuneration (approximately 5,400 US $ paid every six months)
- Overtime above 80 hours per month at 112.50 US$ per hour (estimated at an average of 15 hours per month)
- Paid leave of 14 days per year
- A monthly lodging allowance of 1,250 US $
- Commuting rotation option: 20 days on / 10 days off or 25 days on / 12 days off
- ID travel privileges as per Airline rules (Business class on space available basis) A three year renewable contract is offered.
The Application Process
The application process entails the following steps:
- Initial evaluation based on candidate resume and documents leading to screening invitation
- Screening in Addis Ababa including simulator evaluation and medical examination (AeroPersonnel provides screening guidelines to prepare for the screening)
- Upon acceptance for employment, work visa documentation process including non-criminal activity report, licence validation and background check.
Candidates can apply directly by e-mailing their resume as a MS Word (.doc) attachments at Apply as the case maybe.
Candidates must ensure that their resume includes PIC time on type, date of last flight and date of birth information.
To apply online, candidates can also visit AeroPersonnel’s Web Site at Apply. Clicking in sequence on the “Job Central”, “Apply for Current Jobs” and “ B787 Captain Ethiopian Airlines ” buttons will let candidates upload their resume and fill-in their licensing and experience information.
Scans of the following documents are to be uploaded or emailed to Tony McKenzie at Apply .
- Photo and signature pages of passport;
- All pages of license booklet or both sides of licence certificate;
- Class 1 medical certificate;
- Last three pages of logbook or electronic equivalent showing B787 NG flight time;
- Copy of last proficiency check report.
Please do not send other documents at this stage.
Only candidates meeting the above requirements wil
- Full time
- Boeing 787
Posted 28 May 2018
Closes 27 Jun 2018
This job was posted to: Captain