Head of Engineering
- Matchtech - 15 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/matchtech/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/495a915e-026e-45c8-80ba-6aa3f2c167ca131100748083121978.png
Abingdon, Oxfordshire, England
We are looking for a high calibre individual with significant experience in Engineering management within the aerospace or similar industry to deliver their new class of high performance propulsion system. The candidate will be responsible for leading the engineering functional design teams to design and manage work packages, assessing solutions, and generating independent designs. The ideal candidate would have a track record of leading highly technical teams.
The candidate must be able to lead integrated engineering teams and manage interfaces with the other departments. The team works closely with customers, partners, and advisors so good communication skills are vital. The candidate must be flexible and creative in technologies and new ideas.
* Reporting to the COO & Engineering Director
* Management of engineering functional leads
* Improve and lead the development of the engineering processes in conjunction with the Chief Design Engineer
* Drive a continuous improvement culture
* Engineering resource management
* Identify and delivery improvement efficiencies
* Development of an engineering strategy to meet future business needs
* Coaching and mentoring
* Functional engineering resource development
* Management of the engineering resource process
* Engineering Tools & development
* Deputy to Engineering Director
* Day to day management of engineering teams
* Improvements lead on engineering process and procedures in conjunction with Chief Engineers
* Key engineering interface to programmes team
* Management of the engineering functional skills matrix & training
* Evaluation of external partners, Make v's Buy justifications for engineering design
* Management of external partner interfaces in order to meet the programme milestones
* Support research and development projects, as required
The candidate will be expected to:
* Develop the company engineering design capability in line with the programme requirements
* Manage recruitment and interviewing in conjunction with engineering team leads
* Develop technical capability of the engineering functions
* Provide the functional leadership and Technical Governance for engineers deployed within project teams
* Be responsible for holiday approval, time and attendance, and other people management issues, communicating to engineering director
* Understand the external / internal risks and execute appropriate contingency.
* Support of technical proposals/statements of work including estimating and bid preparation.
* Define required functional processes and continuous improvement activities with support of Engineering Services.
* Develop and apply the necessary design tools
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
- £ 60000 - 90000 Per year £ 60000 - 90000 Per year">
- Full time
Posted 25 May 2018
Closes 24 Jun 2018
This job was posted to: Design engineer