- Matchtech - 19 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/matchtech/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/495a915e-026e-45c8-80ba-6aa3f2c167ca131100748083121978.png
Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire, England
Reporting into the Engineering Manager, the Composite Engineer will be responsible for implementing new materials, technologies and processes to deliver next generation of products.
* Development and introduction of new materials, processes and technologies
* Conduct and coordinate the technical tasks associated with the smooth introduction of new projects and programmes.
* Customer interface and key contact for external parties, interpreting and communicating customer requirements to internal stakeholders
* Creation and maintenance of BOM and Routes, work instructions and method documents including specific layup documentation.
* Ensuring all the necessary jigs, fixtures and tooling are approved and in place at the start of prototyping / production
* Understanding and experience of continuous improvement methodologies such as Lean manufacturing/Kaizen to implement safety, quality and productivity improvements
* Technical support and improvement of manufacturing processes, equipment and cell layouts
* To support cross-functional activities associated with quality and customer concerns - design requirements, product validation, product packaging requirements etc where deemed necessary
* Experienced with root cause analysis and PFMEA's
* Ability to ensure all processes comply with relevant Quality, Industry and Health and Safety Standards
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience requirements:
* Extensive experience working within a composites manufacturing environment performing a production engineering style role
* Up to date knowledge of fibre reinforced composite materials and associated manufacturing Processes.
* Good understanding of pattern and tool manufacture
* Ability to manage and coordinate engineering projects from receipt of order to production sign off
* An ability to use CAD to create and manipulate existing models and drawings
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
- £ 30000 - 40000 Per year £ 30000 - 40000 Per year">
- Full time
Posted 22 May 2018
Closes 21 Jun 2018
This job was posted to: Composites