Aircraft Services Operative (Cleaning & Security)
Liverpool, Merseyside, England
Temporary position available for Cleaning Agents - Night shift only, average of 35 hours per week on a 4 on 2 off shift pattern, £8.50 per hour.
Please be advised that whilst we are Recruiting form the Liverpool area, the roles themselves will be based out of either Luton Airport or Stansted Airport. All travel and accommodation will be covered by Swissport and candidates applying for this role should be prepared to travel between sites and commit to working away from home for the duration of the contract with the exception of periods of leave/rostered days off. The successful candidate can discuss their preferred airport during the interviews.
Cleaning Agents provide a variety of professional cleaning services to ensure aircraft are well presented on both the interior and exterior. This includes (but not be limited) to performing a range of interior and exterior cleaning as contacted by the airline. Other duties may include cleaning office or retail facilities and the operation of specialist ground servicing equipment.
- Clean interior areas of the aircraft cabin including the removal of blankets, vacuuming aircraft carpets, wipe down tables, walls, overhead bins, windows and remove trash from seat pockets
- Replenish seat pockets with airline materials as per customer requirements
- Clean lavatories; wash basins, surfaces, mirrors and replenish lavatory supplies
- Clean and sanitise aircraft galleys; mopping floors and wipe down of work surfaces
- Arrange seatbelts on seats, placement of headrests, pillows and blankets as required
- Clean exterior areas of the aircraft as required
- Provide security cleans/checks as required
- Provide professional cleaning for office and retail areas as required
- Report all equipment malfunctions to the appropriate supervisor/manager
- Comply with all UK/Ireland/EU legislation as well as airport authority and carrier security requirements
- Comply with Swissport Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's)
- Maintain the highest standards of safety and security at all time
- Other duties as assigned
The list is not exhaustive and may vary depending on location and local customer requirements.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Flexible to work on various shifts (days, evening, nights, weekends, and holidays)
- Ability to speak and understand the English language
- Ability to travel to the airport at times where public transport is not available
- Ability to follow processes and procedures and apply flexible approach when required
- Willingness to work in inclement weather
- Physically fit, able to work in a manual environment
- Able to work as a team in a fast paced environment
- A full driving license but not essential
- Previous experience working in an aviation environment is desired
- Ability to speak additional languages is desired
Swissport is an equal opportunities employer, for further information on this, please visit Apply .
- Full time
Posted 17 May 2018
Closes 16 Jun 2018
This job was posted to: Airport security