Aircraft Sheet Metal Mechanic
Jacksonville, Alabama, United States
STS AeroStaff Services now offers Aircraft Sheet Metal Mechanic jobs in Jacksonville, Florida!
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Performs inspections, disassembly and reassembly, as well as heavy depot rework and repair of F/A-18 series aircraft or Flight Control Surfaces in accordance with DOD, manufacturer, company, supplier and other technical directives
· Performs close tolerance drilling and reaming operations to critical support structures, and fracture critical assemblies
· Perform removal and installation of close tolerance fasteners, bushings, anchor plates, and rivets
· Assemble and repair sub-assemblies in fixture jigs and modification tooling as required
· Perform corrosion removal, sealing and shimming operations of surface skins and assemblies
· In a team oriented work environment, under minimal supervision, performs a variety of structural assembly operations in a production department
· Checks all work and ensures a defective free assembly prior to final inspection
· Maintains a neat and orderly work area, supports the company 5S program, and complies with all safety regulations
· Knowledge and experience with composite materials is desirable
· A higher level of structures knowledge and skill is required to perform many of the tasks required for this opening
· The desired applicant must have a broad array of structures knowledge
· Able to read and interpret schematics, assembly drawings, process specifications, technical manuals, written instructions, test procedures, etc.
· Able to setup and use a variety of precision measuring instruments such as: dial indicators, micrometers, gauges, protractors, and calipers, etc.
· Able to use common hand tools such as: drills, reamers, deburring tools, files, rivet guns, bucking bars, etc.
· Able to assemble aircraft structures and associated components with the aid of jigs and fixtures by drilling, filing, filling, honing, reaming, counter-sinking, dimpling, burring and fastening
· Able to perform close tolerance assembly operations such as: shimming, fitting, trimming, and aligning where variances may occur considerably from one assembly to another as with fairings and the mating of major structural assemblies
· Able to replace major structure components, longerons, formers, ribs and stiffeners in skinned assemblies establishing from blueprints with firm callouts, butt, center, chord, station and water lines
· Able to blind pickup of hole locations for blank parts from existing structure
· Able to operate such equipment as brakes, grinders, band saws, and presses
· Able to identify different types of corrosion, clean and treat corrosion, remove damaged areas, fabricate parts to repair damaged area, determine rivet patterns, layouts, etc.
What We Offer:
STS AeroStaff Services works with the largest names in the aviation industry, offering hundreds of career opportunities across the United States. With over two decades of experience, we soar in our commitment to excellence and professionalism. We proudly offer competitive rates, direct deposits, medical insurance, cash advances, and referral bonuses.
If you would like to speak with an Aviation Recruitment Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787. Our job placement services are always free, and we are open seven days a week. Reach out at any time! Thanks so much for your interest in working with STS AeroStaff Services, and we look forward to speaking with you soon.
- Full time
Posted 16 May 2018
Closes 15 Jun 2018
This job was posted to: Aircraft mechanic