Ramp Support Service Manager
Greater London, EnglandJob Summary
To provide a safe, flexible and efficient operation, ensuring that both customer and company requirements are met and exceeded within the appropriate budget. The role is responsible for the day to day people management of the towing, freight and deicing team. You will be responsible for ensuring that the highest standards are achieved; this includes Health and Safety, Quality Control, Ramp and Operational Excellence.
- To manage the smooth running of the freight, towing and deicing operation.
- To supervise, support and develop the ramp services support teams, whilst identifying training requirements as appropriate.
- Ensure compliance in all mandatory and regulatory training for new and existing staff.
- Maintain a proactive and positive approach to customer requirements, referring where necessary to your direct report; Airside Operations Manager.
- Ensure all aspects of Health and Safety, Training, Performance Management are dealt with in a timey manner and all Company Policies including Grievance, Disciplinary and Equal Opportunities are enforced to ensure that the needs of the business are met
- To play a proactive part in meeting the Company Business objectives
- To provide analysis, preventative measures to operational challenges relevant to the teams.
- Conduct investigations into operational delays/incidents, including missed extended work targets and any other detail as from time to time may be required by your direct report.
- Ensure all internal stakeholders are provided with accurate and timely communication.
- A ttend relevant airport / external stakeholder meetings to represent Swissport.
It is not intended that the job description should reflect all tasks to be undertaken, but is intended to define the main areas of work. It is therefore not exhaustive.
Qualifications and Competencies
- A minimum of 2 years management experience within ground handling or similar industry
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Good organisational abilities, attention to detail, able to prioritise workloads and work effectively to deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- A solid awareness and understanding of all regulatory and recommended procedures that relate to the airport environment
- Team focused management style that fits into a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Flexible to work on various shifts (days, evening, nights, weekends, and holidays)
- A sense of urgency and a passion for improving the delivery of services with a commitment to continuous improvement
- Personal and professional integrity of the highest order
- Highly motivated self-starter, who can effectively prioritise, multi-task and manage to accomplish objectives within prescribed deadlines
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft suite of programs, including Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Swissport as an equal opportunity employer bases its hiring decisions on the business need and the best qualified candidates available, and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of any protected category. Candidates who are offered employment may be subject to a criminal record
- Full time
Posted 13 May 2018
Closes 12 Jun 2018
This job was posted to: Product support