Propulsion Test Engineer / Technician
Stevenage, Hertfordshire, England
An exciting opportunity has arisen for you to join our market leading client involved in the design & manufacture of advanced satellites as a Propulsion Test Engineer.
To be a successful Propulsion Test Engineer you will be responsible for fully managing, driving and continually improving the performance of the end-to-end processes for the execution and delivery of flagship products whilst in the Manufacturing, Assembly, Integration and Test phase, all the way through to launch.
You will be tasked with installing and setting-up and performing tests on system / subsystem to ensure their behaviour are according to pre-set specifications and also performing trouble-shooting and first level Quality inspection.
Our client manufacture revolutionary technology on site and integrate their systems onto space and military craft to ensure that everything is ready for launch. Everything needs to be tested to make sure that once it leaves the Earth's atmosphere it will withstand any possible variable and temperature as well as be reliable for as long as a satellite is in operation.
* You will be responsible and accountable for carrying out all aspects of Propulsion Test and Launch Services within stated Cost- Schedule and Quality requirements.
* You will need to formulate and up-issue propulsion test and launch services engineering procedures under the guidance of a Propulsion Test Team leader.
* You will be required to prepare items of ground support equipment for test and launch campaigns at site.
* You will also be responsible for maintaining the highest level of quality standards at all times as well as being responsible for the Health and Safety of the test and launch campaign team when working on and off site.
SKILLS REQUIRED FOR JOB
* A sound knowledge and understanding of Propulsion systems and components and of the associated AIT processes.
* A good knowledge and understanding of Mechanical and Pneumatic systems, and some basic Electrical Engineering
* Engineering based HNC/HND or equivalent plus relevant experience.
* Relevant experience of Satellite Propulsion test and Launch operations is desirable, but not essential.
* Previous experience of operating high pressure inert gas systems is desirable.
* Must be able to read, understand and follow Engineering drawings and schematics.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
- £ 32000 - 38000 Per year
- Full time
Posted 4 May 2018
Closes 3 Jun 2018
This job was posted to: Testing